“Best option in Americus”

Hampton Inn Americus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The Hampton Inn in Americus is the best option in town. Of the chain hotels, I believe it is the only hotel with interior hallways, and it was renovated within the last couple of years. The rooms are on the small side, but the bathrooms are quite nice and it is otherwise a good, standard chain hotel with the typical Hampton Inn features of free breakfast, business center, etc. The staff is a little slow on the uptake and noise carries very easily throughout, but overall it is a good place to stay in town.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 25, 2009

I am not in the habit of checking reviews of Hamptons before booking because I have never been disappointed--until now. First, it's way overpriced. Second, the queen rooms are small with no place to sit except at the desk. Room lighting was poor. The shower head (no tub) was old and clogged. There was a nice HBO program guide in the room, but the HBO channel was Signature--totally different programs from what was in the guide. When I called it to the manager's attention, she seemed mildly unconcerned but offered to check with the cable company. It was never corrected. The printer in the business center needed a new cartridge and printed heavy black lines. On the bright side, high speed internet service and breakfast were quite good.

I'll be exploring other options if I have occasion to return to Americus.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I'd like to say first that I stayed in a premium room. There was no hot water in the shower, no bathroom lighting, hair in the shower and all along the head of the bed platform between the mattress/platform bed against the wall. This is a smoke free room however there was a cigarette butt on the floor. These are just some of the issues.

I left a scathing customer service card however I had to call and follow up with manager who didn't seem to care and followed up my issues with "what would you like me to do ?".

I contacted Hampton Inn's corporate office and reported issues as well.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Empirical2
Reviewed May 2, 2009

The Hampton Inn was an excellent choice for our stay in Americus, GA. Of the chain hotels/motels, it is one of the few in Americus that has an interior corridor which is often key to a quiet night's sleep. Our king room was clean, attractive, and roomy. The bed was most comfortable, providing a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean, and the sink was in an attractive vanity outside the shower/toilet area which is very handy when two people are getting ready for the day at the same time. The room had a nice desk and task chair. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a little more space for a good relaxing chair.

As for amenities, the room had a good quality TV as well as a refrigerator and microwave. The hot breakfast was excellent with all the choices that I have come to expect of a Hampton Inn stay. The business center just has one PC, so you really do have to respect the time limit to accomodate other guests. The fitness room was adequate with 3 like-new exercise machines and a TV. I did not check out the pool. The hotel offers internet access, but I did not use it.

We did pay more to stay at Hampton Inn than we would have paid at some of the other local hotel chains, but the room and breakfast were worth the price we paid with AAA or AARP discount. The staff were friendly and helpful. The free cookies in the late afternoon/evening were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Hampton Inns are my favourite chain of motels. Having said that this one was overpriced. We were charged around $130 with tax. What made it even worse was later while I was at the counter (after I had checked in) I overheard another guest being given a room quote for $85 plus tax.
The room was a little on the small side as well.
However, all the furnishings were quite nice and the room was very clean. The breakfast was absolutely up to the usual offerings for a Hampton Inn.
The price we were charged is the only thing that would make me think twice about recommending this property.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2008

Hi,

I stayed here on business in February. The front desk staff were rude and very mean. The manager was never around.

My laptop computer ($2000) was stolen from my room. The front desk staff did nothing, were very uncaring, and the manager was never around. When I complained, I got a form letter.

Something "sneaky" is going on at this hotel. Please do not stay here if you value your items! There are nicer hotels right next door and at cheaper prices.

I would never stay here again! I also saw cockroaches at night.

Please value your items and do not allow these thieves to work!

William Cox, MD

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank BelgianSheepdogGirl
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights with family. We had 2 rooms. In my mothers room, someone entered the room when we were out and took all the food/drinks from the fridge. Took medecine, hair care products, toothbrush, toothpaste. Anything setting out was removed from the room. We went to the front desk. They said they could do nothing about it. And they also said they knew nothing about it. There was no forced entry to the room. I think it was the cleaning staff. We should have called the police. The manager never came in to the hotel for us to talk to him. We even wrote a letter to corporate all we got in return was a form letter. I wouldn't stay here. If you do-take all your property with you when you aren't in the room.

• Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank UsaLarry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!