“Nice spot in a small town”

Hampton Inn Americus
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Americus
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice spot in a small town”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location on several occasions. Good location, clean and cozy with great staff. Nice breakfast and convienent brown bag to go breakfast if your in a hurry . Will definitely stay in the future and recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have stayed in the hotel next door twice, once when it was Holiday Inn Express and under the present owner. the first experience was good, the last was disaster. Your facility is excellent and is putting those next to you to shame!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jonic64, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
First let me apologize for finding your room not to our standards nor Hilton standards. We strive to meet these standards daily and are taking the neccesary steps to insure that this does not happen again. I would like to thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing at this property.

There will be some changes coming to that property soon so keep your eye out for those in the future. I look for to hearing about your next stay at this hotel and the wonderful experience during your stay. Thank you and have a great day
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Staff was very friendly and complimentary breakfast was very good but not very good first impression checking into room.

When I went into my room for the first time everything seemed to be in order, but upon closer inspection there were a couple odd things. When I opened the refrigerator it was not working and I found an empty "big gulp" to-go cup in there. Also I noticed a clearly dirty washcloth hanging from the shower curtain rod. It was crusty hard and gave me the impression it had been there for awhile. In addition the "breakfast in bed" tray on the bed with the TV remote and channel guide was pretty grimy. I wouldn't have felt comfortable using it for anything and just set it aside. The rest of the room was fine. Clearly no dustballs in corners or behind furniture, bathroom and bed otherwise appeared clean. The room left me with the odd impression that maybe it hadn't been occupied in awhile. I fiddled around with the refrigerator for a few minutes and never could determine why it did not work - it was plugged in and there were no controls on the inside - I really didn't need it, so I let it go.

Otherwise the stay was fine as I was there on business for only two nights and not in the room very much at all. On the way out I told the front desk manager about the refrigerator. He was attentive and said he would look into it right away. I did not mention the other issues.

The hotel is OK for a short business trip but in hindsight, if I encountered the things I saw upon entering my room again, I would call attention to them right away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lexington
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good and not just donuts and muffins. Eggs, oatmeal, waffles, sausage and french toast sticks along with the usual stuff. The pool was small but with the cold weather we did not use it. The fitness center was nice. It had a treadmill, a ski machine and a stationary bike.

Room Tip: Room was clean and very nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is a bit off the beaten path, but just as clean, efficient and comfortable as the Hampton Inn's in large cities. The staff was professional and very helpful, making sure we had everything we need including baking extra cookies for one of our group!
The breakfast bar is a bit scare the first day, but more offerings the second day. Check in and Check out was quick and painless.
Definitely will stay here on my yearly trips to Andersonville National Historic Site

Room Tip: No snack vending machines; just drinks, so plan ahead if you get late night munchies
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seminole, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I think it should be illegal to smoke in a hotel (or anywhere else for that matter) The stinch was pretty bad. Pretty typical Hampton (except for the smell). Carpeting in hallway was looking a little worn. There was a problem with the ice maching making an awful noise, but it was fixed first thing the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank justin c
Miami Shores, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly and nice. The room had just had the carpets cleaned, so it was nice and fresh. The breakfast bar is excellent, with a nice variety of items. Great Hampton Inn experience -- we will continue to stay here when we visit Americus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Vienna
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!