“Very Nice Motel”

Hampton Inn Americus
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This motel is very nice. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast was outstanding. Lots to choose from. Everyone in this motel are so friendly. They always spoke to us and asked us how we are doing. I would recommend this motel and I would stay there again if I am in this area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bella1202

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have been staying at other places when we come to Americus but found the beds to be too hard for our liking. This time we tried Hampton and there truly was nothing at all to complain about!! We will return! They do not scimp on breakfast, either! Very satisfied!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank HildaP
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Hampton Inns tend to be pretty standard and consistent, but there are variations. For example, this establishment has only what it calls queen beds. Don't be suckered in -- I measured them and they are what the rest of the world calls doubles. I found it a little difficult to believe that they have no kings (actually they do have a few -- all associated with 3 or 4 jacuzzi suites). But then I saw the size of the rooms -- the smallest Hampton Inn rooms I've ever seen.

The bathrooms are equally small, barely adequate to turn around in. The "queen" rooms also have no bathtubs -- only postage stamp sized shower stalls. So, if you're a bathtub person, be aware!

The room I checked into had no lamp on the desk -- I ended up getting a lamp from another room that was left wide open for several days. Apparently there is some upgrading going on, although I really couldn't see any significant improvement.

The wireless connection was exceedingly slow -- when I called the front desk the individual on duty was less than no help -- certainly not up to Hampton standards. The only solution I found was to use the ethernet cable, which gave me satisfactory, although certainly not blazing, speed. So I've left "high speed internet" as "not sure." Yeah, they have internet and yes, it's free. It's just not what I consider "high speed."

The breakfast was adequate, pretty typical of Hampton Inn. Nothing to write home about or go back for.

Another reviewer here said this hotel has a special floor and amenities for Hilton Honors members. Well, I wasn't offered any special floor and there were certainly no special amenities. Perhaps the silver level isn't special enough. In any event -- don't count on anything out of the ordinary.

All in all, this was on the low end of Hampton service and facilities. On the other hand, I suspect they get away with it since Americus has a dearth of good hotels. This is likely the best of a generally poor lot -- and they are taking advantage of the situation.

Room Tip: Be aware that the queens are actually doubles and that few rooms have bathtubs. Be prepared to spend...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MikeT100
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed at this place...it was a nice check in and all.. but let me tell you..I went to bed I fealt hot burning on my arm and I saw hugh lrg wealts on my arm... needless to say I was not happy nor did I want to stay in the room they did not want to change my room or find a diffrent one. JUST BEWARE OF THE BED BUGS!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank jAMES T
Reviewed November 9, 2011

i stayed at the hampton inn americus last summer while i town for a funeral. the hotel was very clean, the service was friendly, and they have a great bed. the "hot" breakfast was pretty pathetic, but the selection of cold items and self serve waffles were ok. on the whole, nothing special, but serves its purpose.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank patrick t
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Pros: HHonors floor just for Hilton Honors members with nice amenities; new flatscreen TVs in the rooms; decent breakfast selection; upgraded bathrooms.

Cons: WiFi not reliable; some rooms smell of cigarette smoke; price slightly higher than comparable hotels in the area.

Overall one of the two best places to stay in Americu, all things considered.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TallTrainer
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Typical Hampton Inn but in Americus it's probably your best bet. Rooms are a bit smaller than an average Hampton Inn but overall the same solid experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bfchef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma
The Jewell of Vienna B&B

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!