“Nice”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Unfortunately, we were not very hungry the night we ate dinner here. What we had was tasty, soup and salad. Will definitely try this place again.

There are newer reviews for The Station

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here to see Mr. Carter's place and Andersonville. Picked this place to eat dinner and were we glad. Nothing fancy, just great food. The bar area and an eating area are separated by a door, giving for quiet atmosphere. My wife had a shrimp and grits she still raves about. It was on top of fried cheese grits, yum. I had chicken crepe dish with a tasteful cream sauce, that satisfied me greatly. Service and price couldn't be beat.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Not sure how this restaurant has a poor review. This restaurant is not fine dining but everyone was wearing different attire from really casual to dressy casual. The waitresses were very nice and helpful making suggestions. I had the flatiron steak with cheese grits and the hart salad!!! Terrific!!! I've never had a steak so flavorful. The waitress said the Fried cheese grits were a specialty, they were excellent! The salad with house red wine vinegar was tart and delicious! Other folks at my table had the highball chicken and shrimp and grits. My husband loved the highball chicken. I tasted it and it was tender and creamy! The shrimp and grits...holy moly they smelt good with the garlic butter on top!! We were there for a celebration so we ate the chocolate cake!! Yum yum...cold and fudgy!!
This restaurant is an absolute must and the prices are reasonable! The sweet tea was $1.50... No one has drinks that cheap anymore!! Go eat at the station!! :)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food isn't the best when compared to larger city restaurants, but this is one of the best restaurants in Americus.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the KC Jones and, though I wasn't too hungry, finished off the entire thing (and it was huge!) without feeling gorged. My in laws were very pleased with their grouper as well, though one there was too much blackening on one.

The atmosphere would have been better if the furnishing didn't look like it was from a little cheap restaurant, and the bathroom that opened into the dining area.

I would definitely go back again for the food though!