“Good Place to Eat”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I ate at The Windsor Hotel one night and The Station the next night. The food was tastier here. The menu prices were more appropriate for what you got, too. The ambiance and decor of the two places are not comparable. The first was quiet and a white linen tablecloth place; the second was a noisier, more crowded scene and a more relaxed place. It seemed obvious to me and my friends that this is the local favorite restaurant, and we agree!

1  Thank random_reader
There are newer reviews for The Station

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Station is a good place to grab dinner. It is within walking distance of the Best Western Windsor Hotel. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was tasty and seemed reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

In Americus on business and The Station was referred by everyone at the hotel. Now I know why. It's a real gem on Lamar Street. Right downtown across from the Windsor hotel (another gem!).
I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was great. Buttery shrimp served with two wedges of deep fried grits. Just like grandma used to make, seriously! Grits are prepared in large loaf pans, then cooled, then cut into triangles, dredged through cornmeal, and deep fried. Delicious! So much food, I couldn't finish my portion.
So, if you're in the area to visit Plains and Jimmy Carter or Andersonville National Historic Park, make a side trip to eat at The Station.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Service was a little slow, but the calzone was worth the wait! I got the "Hog" and couldn't eat the whole thing. Very good!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a find! Exceptional food had by all 7 at our table with a ticket price that did not have me running to the bank for a loan. I will definitely be back for more crepes, something not seen on a menu in a while. Great service, even on a busy evening - and a visit from the Manager just to say "hello" means the folks really care about the guest's experience!

Been to The Station? Share your experiences!