“Lunch time shenanigans ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Forsyth Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 48 Restaurants in Americus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Lunch time shenanigans ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

While in town on a business trip with my wife I stumbled across this pub while wandering aimlessly around the town square. Upon first glance this place looks like your typical small town pub with many unfilled tables and less than perfect housekeeping. As I sat myself at the bar top, I was greeted with a happy smile and pleasurable greeting welcoming me to the establishment. Being from out of town I prefer to eat at local "hole in the wall" establishments giving back to the local small business owners. I asked what was good and the waitress told me to try the ribeye sandwich with the fries for $8 so I did. After about 10 minutes my food was brought out to me and my first bite told me I hade made a great decision!
The meat to fat ratio of the ribeye was spot on and the meat was really tender so I didn't pull out the whole steak from the bun on the first bite. All in all I say the meal was a success and would recommend this establishment to my friends. Don't let the first impression of the place deter you, you will be surprised.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ate there twice during my visit to Americus. I ordered a salad for $5.99. There were salads on the menu that came with tuna or chicken for $7.99, so I expected an upcharge when I asked for tuna on my mandarin salad. The upcharge was an additional $5.99. I thought that was too high. We went back at night and I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and it was very good. With two glasses of wine, my bill was still only $25 including a $5 tip. Servers were exceptional. My only complaint about the Forsythe was that it took forever to get out food. My husband and I were there on a night where they were half occupied, I'd say, and it took over an hour to get our food. About half an hour at lunch. Way too long on both occasions. However, I'd go back. I like the atmosphere and décor.

Visited October 2013
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stopped with my wife while passing through town and wanted to eat at local business. The service was painfully slow. The fries served with the sandwich were few, cold and of poor quality. The BLT was small, cold and poorly constructed with sparse ingredients. It was a thoroughly terrible experience.

Seminole, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ROACHES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a roach munching on my nachos, enough said! This was one of my favorite places to eat, but not anymore!

Visited February 2013
milledgeville
“not what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was very disappointed by the food (I have had way better and fancier microwave meals for a fraction of the price) and put off by the fact that they were out of so many things on the menu. Also got a lovely stomach ache afterwards.....thanks alot.

Visited October 2012