Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
$45
$60
$58
$60
All reviewswonderful hostsb bsjimmy cartergourmet breakfasthouse is beautifulcivil warlovely homenational historic siteeach morningveranda roomchocolate chip sconesgarden tubboyhood homearea attractionssouthern hospitalitywonderful weekendback porch
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Located between Andersonville and Plains, Ga., this bed and breakfast is immaculate and definitely the place to be while in Americus. It is a beautiful old southern home with a hostess who is extremely hospitable and whose taste is discriminating. The breakfast looks like a food magazine cover and is equally tasty!

Reviewed August 13, 2009

I wanted to do something unique to celebrate my husband's 49th birthday, so part of my plans included an overnight stay at this lovely home. This was our very first experience staying at a Bed & Breakfast, and while I knew it would be a memorable experience, I had no idea how luxuriously pampered we would be! I made the reservations approximately 6 weeks in advance. Susan, one of the inn keepers, called me and we discussed the purpose of our stay, and if there were any dietary needs. I told her that my husband, Tom, and I were celebrating his birthday, and that I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian (non-meat eater). Right then and there she offered some fabulous breakfast ideas, which I whole-heartedly agreed to! I could hardly wait for the scrumptious breakfast she offered, in addition to staying in such a gorgeous, historical home! Once Tom and I arrived at the house, Susan gave us all kinds of recommendations and a map with directions to various places of interest and restaurants. She also introduced us to another guest and gave a tour of the main areas of the house. In the parlor, there was a guitar and a grand piano, beckoning to us! I don't know how to play piano very well, but I knew I couldn't wait to put my hands on it later in the evening! Once we reached our "balcony suite", we were delighted to see a "Happy Birthday" banner hung across the doorway! Tom and I were very interested in the history of the house and the area, and Susan lingered to talk with us at great length to satisfy our curiosity. She truly is a "people-person" and is very knowledgeable and fun to talk to! Before she left for the evening, Susan baked an incredibly yummy batch of chocolate brownies and left some for Tom and I, as well as a wide assortment of complimentary snacks and beverages to enjoy. And the room ~ oh, it was so beautiful. So elegant and comfortable. And there was a little dish on our bed, filled with an assortment of chocolates. We truly felt spoiled. That evening, we enjoyed a glass of wine on the balcony glider swing. The gardens were lit and we could hear the soft trickle of the water fountain in the koi pond. And that morning, we watched the sun rise to some fabulously brewed coffee and gazed at the gorgeous gardens. Once we headed downstairs for breakfast, we could smell such delicious aromas coming from the kitchen! A 3-course breakfast awaited us ~ all homemade, and some of the items were Susan's very own recipes. Everything was absolutely delicious. This was the best breakfast of my LIFE! I highly recommend this beautiful Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to anyone. Once you've been here, you'll probably never be truly satisfied to stay in a hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

Large, comfortable, well appointed and very clean rooms; beautiful grounds and charming hostess/owner! Then top it off in the AM with a breakfast to die for. Make sure you snap a pic of the beautifully presented food before you dovour it. Susan was born to to be a B & B owner. She our stay a delight. The Pittards' , Duluth, Ga.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at the bed and breakfast a couple of nights and could not have had a better experience. The hosts were just top notch; made recommendations of things to see in the area and were never intrusive. Quiet and lovely. Wonderful breakfasts, snacks, coffee, etc.
This is one of the best I've stayed in and look forward to a return visit.
L.R. Baldwin

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Kim & Sue create a unique combination of the friendliness of family, helpfulness of a personal tour guide, and the incomparable culinary experience of the best chef to provide visitors with a special travel experience. This B&B is one of the best I've ever visited, and I've traveled around the world.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends