“Best ever B&B experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We have visited many B & B’s in our travels over the years and after visiting Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast we must give it a 5 star rating. When planning a trip to Knoxville, TN from Florida we wanted to stay some place about half way between. After researching the internet I called Americus Garden Inn B&B to check on accommodations. What a wonderful conversation we had with Susan Egelseer and when we arrived at the B&B we were greeted by one of the most gracious hostess’s we have ever experienced. Susan received us like family and treated us like honored guests. The beautiful old home has spacious clean rooms and is located on a large landscaped lot in a quiet neighborhood. Good restaurants and shopping are just a short drive away.

The breakfasts that Susan served us were all home made and have just the right portions to satisfy your appetite and start off your day not to mention the presentation of the meal. Homemade muffins (if you like blueberries, she is the champ), fruit, eggs, specialty pancakes and something I can never get at any restaurant, V8 juice.

On our return trip from Knoxville we arrived early in the afternoon and visited the Andersonville Civil War Village and Historical Site and National POW Museum and Cemetery in nearby Andersonville GA before heading to the B&B. Our evening stay and morning breakfast was just a wonderful.

If you get an opportunity to stay with Kim & Susan at the Americus B&B you had better take advantage of it or you will be missing a wonderful experience.

We can’t wait for our next trip to Knoxville

Reviewed March 24, 2009

My husband and I wanted to get away for an anniversary, we chose this place because of the historical places near by. We wanted a quiet place to relax where we could do as much or as little as we wanted and this was a perfect fit. I have never been so comfortable in a bed away from home as myself and my husband were here. The house is set up perfectly for peace and quiet, or for getting to know the other guest which ever you prefer. The breakfast were nothing short of amazing. Susan and Kim were wonderful hosts. They made great recommendations for dinners and in what order to see the things we wanted to see.

Reviewed March 24, 2009

Our first experience at a Bed & Breakfast was amazing. Kim & Susan were wonderful hosts. The rooms were exquiste and the food was phonomenal. Susan & Kim cared about all our needs whether it was breakfast or sightseeing or just relaxing. The breakfast will leave you amazed at the creations Susan puts infront of you and she bags up any leftovers (if you have any). You will not feel hungry until 3PM. They did a wonderful job in decorating the hotel as it is warm and inviting.

We travelled from Massachusetts (there was 5 of us) to do some sightseeing and made friends along the way that we will never forget. Thanks for opening up your home to us and showing us southern hospitality that we thoroughly enjoyed.
Paul, Ginger, Priscilla, John Farrell & Beth Levasseur

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My daughter and husband stayed at the Americus Garden Inn, and upon driving away, called me to say I must stop there on our planned road trip to FL. I'm so glad we took her advice! The house and gardens are beautiful and owner Susan, is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. I could go on and on raving about it, but I'll just say, "Take my advice - make a reservation for yourself when in the area".

Reviewed March 21, 2009

On our way to Florida, we booked one night at the Garden Inn to rest and relax, and we accomplished both. Susan is a great innkeeper and met us at the door as we pulled up. The Inn is beautiful, with a lovely detailed interior. Our room had all the luxuries of home and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning Susan and Kim served an outstanding breakfast, one that I had been looking forward too since reading the reviews. She didn't disappoint! We highly recommend their B&B for any weary travelers looking to relax or tourists stopping to see the various sights of Americus, GA. I would definitely go back! Thank you Susan and Kim.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This was my first stay at a B&B. When I saw Susan's welcoming smile, I knew this was going to be a very welcome change from staying at hotels. Susan has extensive knowledge of the house, places to eat and area attractions. The B&B was absolutely gorgeous! All the rooms were inviting and very comfortable. The big comfy bed was the best!
I can't say enough about Susan's breakfasts. Who else offers a 3 course breakfast with food that is to die for? You walk away totally satisfied. And if you have any special dietary requirements or favorite fruity flavors (blueberries anyone??), just ask. She does her very best to accomodate.
Susan and Kim (who I hope to meet next time) have put a lot of effort into beautifying their gardens after the tornado last year. It was relaxing to walk along the paths in the garden and see all the plants. The gazebo was a great place for my dad and I to "wine-down" after a long day on the road.
I am really looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We stayed here for a single night after touring the Andersonville sights and before going to Jimmy Carter's Sunday school class and seeing the other attractions in nearby Plains. When I called for the reservation, Susan went out of her way to provide tips for making the most out of a day in Andersonville. These turned out to be extremely helpful, and her husband and co-host Kim provided tips for the attractions in Plains after we checked in. We stayed in the Scarlett suite, which was immaculately clean, plush, romantic, and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was yummy and filling. Susan has perfected dozens upon dozens of special pancake recipes; the ones she was serving that morning incorporated bits of sausage in the batter, which may sound odd but they were just delightful. Our only regret was that we were on a short trip and could stay only that one night. Highly recommended; these warm yet professional hosts will take great care of you!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Days Inn Americus
Days Inn Americus
#4 of 7 in Americus
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!