“Fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Inn this past week. We were visiting President Carter's church in nearby Plains, GA. This is the best stay at any inn we have ever experienced. The Inn is beautiful and well kept. Our breakfast was absolutely delicious. It was all home-made by Susan. We are picky about where we stay, and we do not normally stay at inns. The owners, Kim and Susan, made our stay so comfortable. It is obvious that they want to have visitors in their home. This husband and wife team make every guest feel welcome. Finally, we are coffee lovers, and the coffee they serve for breakfast is fair trade and delicious.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Mary K,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Americus Garden Inn. Knowing that you usually don't choose a B&B makes your kind review that much more heartwarming. We treat everyone as a treasured friend with love, respect and kindness. It is our pleasure to share this beautiful piece of history with others.

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our Americus Garden Inn Signature Blend Coffee. I developed this special blend with our friends at Cafe Campesino, the local fair trade coffee roaster, and we think it is great.

We truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and hope to see you again, soon.

There are newer reviews for Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Given the prior reviews available, we chose to stay at the Americus Garden Inn for our anniversary excursion. Everything was consistent with 5 star rating, starting with Susan meeting us outside with an umbrella during the rain when we arrived...to a personal touch of congratulations over our door. We stayed in the Scarlet room which was quite and perfect. The breakfast was perfect. We plan to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear William:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Americus Garden Inn. We are so glad that your anniversary celebration in our romantic Scarlett Suite was perfect. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I’m not usually a B&B type of traveler. I’m used to the anonymity of hotels, minding my own business and coming and going as I please. But, after researching lodging in Americus, I had a hard time passing up a chance to stay at Americus Garden Inn. It turned out to be a memorable experience.

First of all, the house is beautiful, located in the historic district across from a small park. Rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and painstaking detail has been paid to restoration. The owners will gladly share their knowledge about the house and their experience restoring it.

I stayed in the Magnolia Room, a spacious upstairs room that was decorated in calm, soothing yellow tones that invited relaxation. The bathroom was large and everything was very clean. And for such an old house, I never heard a single creak in the floor.

I loved the parlor on the first floor, a great place to sit and relax, read a book or visit with other guests. It’s right next to the dining room, where snacks and drinks are available 24 hours a day. The hosts truly want you to feel at home. It’s also where breakfast is served, a breakfast unlike any other I’ve had on the road. A lot of thought and attention is put into the menu and we enjoyed heirloom cornmeal pancakes among other things. Recipes are unique and Susan is creative and playful in the kitchen which provides for a delightful breakfast.

The attention to detail is impressive and Kim and Susan have seemingly thought of everything. They’re also a font of knowledge regarding area attractions. And because I had such a terrific experience, I’ve comfortably chosen to use B&Bs during subsequent travels.

This was one of the best stays I’ve ever had, in any type of lodging.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear atlhppwt:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at the Americus Garden Inn. We truly want our guests to feel "at home" and we are so glad to know that you found our B&B to be enjoyable.

The Magnolia Suite is a beautiful, cheerful room with a Queen bed and a full size bed, with large bay windows and a spacious bathroom. Most people are amazed at the size of the rooms in our B&B as most rooms have King beds and still have lots of room to relax.

We believe that one of the special things that makes a Bed and Breakfast different from a hotel is that our guests can enjoy much more than a room. In our historic 1847 home, guests have all of the common areas, including the parlor, the dining room (with 24/7 refreshments) and the gorgeous garden.

Breakfast, in our opinion, is the most important meal of the day. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed what I prepared for you during your stay.

Thank you, again. We hope you will find your way back to the Americus Garden Inn.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you are looking for Southern Charm, Grace and an Elegant place to just relax and get away then look no further. Owner Susan goes way out of her way to make you feel at home and make sure she meets all your needs. Her food and it’s; presentation is in itself a wonderful experience. The rooms are oversized and Mr. Clean could take a few lessons from Susan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Cecelia Sam:
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I believe that every person who stays with us deserves to be treated as the special person they are, and I do everything I possibly can to make each guest feel right "at home".
I truly appreciate that you enjoyed the breakfast I prepared for you. Every morning I try to create something that will delight our guests. I am so glad to know that I succeeded.
Thank you, again, for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I visited the Americus Garden Inn when traveling from Houston to Charleston ahead of the Memorial Weekend 2013. They stay was wonderful, Susan and Kim were the perfect hosts, the house was very clean, and the breakfast was the best we have ever had in the USA. This B&B is strongly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Oivind:
It was truly our pleasure hosting you in our home. We appreciate your thoughtful review and are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast that I prepared for you. Although we know you will be headed home to Norway soon, we would be delighted to see you again.
Thank you so much.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is everything and more that you read about it. Owners Susan and Kim go above and beyond to make your stay perfect. Susan says that she tries to think of everything a guest might need and she succeeds. Rooms are nice size and well-appointed. House is filled with books and plenty of cozy places to read and relax. Grounds are filled with interesting tress and plants with gazebo / swing to enjoy the outdoors. Susan's special egg and cheese pie for breakfast was wonderful; pecan muffins (made with pecans from their tree) also wonderful. We were in town to attend church in Plains for President Carter's Sunday School class (a great experience in itself) and Susan was great to give us directions, and suggestions for dinner in Americus.

Great for couples, girlfriends' trip, singles, anyone who wants a taste of the real Georgia and real hospitality. Why pay for a hotel when you can get this!!!

Room Tip: We were in the Burgundy Suite, but I also saw the Magnolia Suite. Think that any would be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sojournhr:
Thank you so much for your kind review. You are absolutely right. I treat all of our guests as treasured friends coming for a short visit. That means that I try to anticipate what they might want or need during their time here.
As you mentioned, you came for Jimmy Carter's Sunday School class. Having been in the area over 10 years, we are happy to offer the little tips and information that will enhance our guests' experience.
Thank you, again, for staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My mother and I visited here for my mother's 65th birthday and she'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. The home is immaculate, the hospitality is first class and my mother enjoyed her first experience and plans to go again whenever she visits me in GA. Susan is heaven sent, from the conversation over the phone to make the reservation to the time we pulled out to head home, she was so warm and caring. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ericka:
Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. You really touched my heart. From our first phone conversation, I looked forward to sharing our home with you and your Mom, and helping to make her birthday celebration something to remember. I look forward to seeing you (and your Mom) again, soon!
Warmest regards,
Susan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!