“Above and Beyond”
Review of BlueBelize

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Gorda
BlueBelize
Ranked #2 of 18 Punta Gorda B&B and Inns
Iowa City, Iowa
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Blue Belize was clean and comfortable. Rachel makes the best zucchini bread for breakfast! She always seemed concerned about our comfort and needs. She helped us get taxis and was easily available.
I definitely felt safe at Blue Belize, and I would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Svizzera
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The owners are the most friendly and interesting people I met in Belize!
Rooms are perfect!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Belize
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I left Corozal (Belize) with the intention of driving south to Punta Gorda and then taking the ferry to Guatemala. This was to be a get away vacation. After waking up in the Blue Belize, my plans changed. It was clean, comfortable and quiet with large cool rooms which had beautiful views from the balcony. I stayed another 4 nights and never did get to Guatemala.
Rachel and Dan were perfect hosts. Dan has a well equipped launcha for hire.
If you are going to Punta Gorda, try here first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ToraBelize
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at BlueBelize in August originally for 2 nights but ended up staying an extra night. We love it!!! The views from the upstairs balcony are great and there are hammocks to relax in while drinking in the beautiful garden and views. Our room was very spacious and tastefully decorated. We couldn't have asked more more. Dan took us to Barranco the Cays and we had the best time! There's a local restaurant with great food I think it's called Sonias but I'm not sure. Don't miss the chocolate factory with the best organic chocolate - we had to visit twice. We love this place and we'll be back next year to meet Rachael as well.
Thank you so much!!! The McNeil Family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank goodnatured
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed August 10, 2010

A quick trip to Belize for the purposes of researching my current book had me hopping about the country with quick stays and packed days. Blue Belize blipped onto my radar screen when a colleague at National Geo suggested I get in touch with Dan Castellanos to get me to the site I needed to photograph. Dan and Rachel own and operate Blue Belize, so staying there was a no brainer.

My huge room opened onto a shared patio complete with hammock, table and chairs AND a water view. The room was clean and well-appointed (no tv here, but I don't have one at home either, so no worries). Multiple fans kept the July temperatures comfortable with the door open. Included continental breakfast was served on the patio (great bread!). Beautifully maintained grounds and absolute quiet (I think I was the only one staying, as Dan had just returned from Mexico)! After a day out in Dan's skiff, I had just enough time to walk town (easy to do from Blue Belize's central yet secluded location). The only thing I would have liked more of was time at Blue Belize.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank OnAssignment
NY
Reviewed July 27, 2010

BlueBelize is truly a gem, this is where you should definitely stay if you're in PG. Rachel and Dan made us feel right at home, they are both so knowledgable. Fresh delicious fruits and baked goods served to your room in the morning. Free WiFi and TV. Dan took us out to the Port Honduras Marine Reserve and showed us the Snake Cayes for some snorkeling and we also got to see a school of dolphins! It was a great experience, I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank eima_68
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed here with some friends in February, and fell in love with the place - the owners are super sweet and very helpful. It is a bit off the beaten path, but worth it! Delicious fruit for breakfast and hammocks on the patio, all with ocean views - so relaxing. Definitely ask about ocean tours - the owner operates his own business and knows everything about the local waters (where to see manatees/where to snorkel/etc.) I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
#5 of 18 in Punta Gorda
Cotton Tree Lodge
Cotton Tree Lodge
#4 of 18 in Punta Gorda

Been to BlueBelize? Share your experiences!