My husband I had the most amazing experience at Machaca Hill Lodge. From the time we arrived, we were treated so well. We were picked up in a really cool jeep and took an amazing short drive along the ocean. Machaca cabanas are located on the top of a hill with breathtaking views. At the bottom of the hill is a really beautiful river that leads out to the ocean. This lodge had amazing amenities - I cannot even describe how happy we were with our room. The shower is incredible - I think 10 people could fit in it at once and it has a view of the rainforest. The rooms have electrical outlets, a beautiful shower, separate toilet room, double sinks, two beds and a big screened in porch with chairs that you can just sit and enjoy the noises of the rainforest. The food at this resort is also such a treat. I was in heaven because I am a huge foodie. Coffee/tea/juice and biscotti (or cookies) come to your room for a wake call every morning. You get to decide exactly what you want delivered and when. Then you have breakfast which is a spread of pastries, fresh juices, eggs anyway, bacon, sausage, etc. As for lunch, you can eat at the lodge or they will pack a picnic for you to take to wherever you will be that day. We went snorkeling one day, so they built a beautiful picnic on an island with a tent and all kinds of amazing foods with beautiful dishes and silverware. They also have high tea everyday (which I miss already) with savory and sweet treats, appetizers and drinks, then a 3-course dinner. Even better then the food (not that this would be possible) is the view from the restaurant where the meals are served. There is a beautiful deck on the top floor of the lodge lobby where the restaurant sits with the most amazing views of the mountains, rainforest and jungles nearby. As far as activities during the day, you can be as active or not active as you would like. The first day my husband and I hiked the trails through the jungle, did the chocolate making tour, and relaxed by the pool. The second day we went snorkeling, which was amazing. Each evening, you can meet with your personal tour guide and tell him exactly what you want to do the next day. This place can pretty much make anything happen that you want to happen. There are night jungle tours and canoeing/kayaking, cave swimming, waterfall jumping, snorkeling, jungle hikes, scuba diving, fishing, Maya tours, chocolate making and the list goes on. More then all the great food, fun adventures and beautiful room, the staff at Machaca was just wonderful. It was such a luxurious vacation, that provided anything you were looking for - relaxation, adventure, a new culture. My husband and I were so amazed at how this trip completely exceeded our expectations. We hope to return as soon as possible. I recommend this trip to anyone - this is a romantic getaway or a great family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda