My mother's, sister's, and my stay at Machaca over Thanksgiving was one of the most enjoyable and unforgettable experiences of our lives. I found out about the property by way of Outside magazine's write-up in the march '08 issue (http://outside.away.com/outside/destinations/200803/best-eco-getaways-belize.html), and while it earned a top-notch review, seeing the place in person beyond exceeded my expectations. Brian and Jane are the consummate hosts, attentive and responsive to your needs, they even worked with the chef to create a special sampling buffet for the three of us when we mentioned we didn't need a three-course meal every night. The excursions--amazon boat rides, kayaking, hiking trails, bird-watching, Mayan ruins, jumping off waterfalls, chocolate-making, market-going...to name the ones that we opted for--were absolutely incredible. A lot of them were included in the price of the stay, and the ones that weren't were well worth the cost and were even served with a picnic lunch (er, banquet) that put all picnics I'd ever experienced to serious shame. Wilfred was THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE, ENTERTAINING, AND SWEETEST GUIDE EVER and my mom, WHO KNOWS GOOD SPA TREATMENTS, said the aromatherapy massages she got every night with Bertha were the BEST she's ever received. The spa, which overlooks the lush canopy and I was amazed to learn was designed by Brian, is absolutely breathtaking with its beautiful tiered hand-carved wood fountain. Other highlights: guaranteed wildlife sightings like toucans and monkeys, a glorious infinity pool and sun deck, Molton Brown toiletries, impromptu magic shows by a waiter named "Wiz," and Jane and Brian's darling little girls who added so much sunshine to our 5-day stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda