We (3 adults and 4 kids 7-12) spent 6 nights at Belcampo from Mar 7-12. It was truly an amazing experience. We stayed in 2 Jungle suites and we found these to be awesome. We also essentially had the whole resort to ourselves!!! The rooms were very clean and spacious with an amazing view. The two queen sized beds were very comfortable. The views from the ridge pool were amazing and truly showed the vastness of the uninterrupted rainforest.
The staff was very attentive, especially to the kids and everyone knew us by our first names after just one introduction. Mara, Renee, Ducky, Mark, Dwayne, Melita, Desmond, Chan, Vince....etc all left an great impression on us and went out of their way to ensure we were taken care of.
The grounds are amazing with lots of wildlife just outside your door. We stayed in suites 5 & 6 which was below the ficus tree that was full of fruit. Every morning we were greeted by at least 10 Keel billed toucans as well as a number of other bird species. We saw howler monkeys every day and in fact for three of the days there were up to eight monkeys feeding on the fruit of the ficus tree. The kids thought this was awesome! We also heard them every day.....and night too :). Birding with Chan is a must to gain an appreciation for the biodiversity of the flora and fauna.
The food was delicious and there was generally 3 items to select for dinner. They were also willing to customize to taste....ie. if you don't like cilantro which is used heavily in most dishes. The only area for improvement would be for the children's menu as they generally only had two items (cheese or chicken quesadillas and mac n cheese or spaghetti) to select from. Over a few days, the kids got tired of the same thing. The coffee was very good and included coffee delivery every morning to your suite!
We did two excursions - zip lining/river tubing and the mayan ruin/cave swim. The mayan tour trip was amazing and the guide (Vince) took us to his home for a traditional lunch including make your own tortillas. From there you walk a short distance to the cave swim which was a real refreshing treat! The zip lining portion of the tour was a lot of fun however the river tubing although refreshing got boring after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda