We visited for our tenth wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs in this small but lovely lodge. All of the employees are very knowledgable, accommodating, outgoing, friendly and go the extra mile - our guide on one excursion offered some wild cilantro to us and when my husband mentioned he didn't care for it the guide made sure to tell the lodge so that all of his future meals would be cilantro free. Unfortunately, I got the flu two days into our trip and the general manager Mara was kind enough to help me with her own herbals to relieve my discomfort - which it did. The extra care all the staff puts in is more than I've seen at any 4 star hotel in the U.S.
We took the snorkeling tour with long time resident Jackie and had the most wonderful time learning about wildlife along the riverbank along our way to the ocean. All of the guides are extremely knowledgable. Chan, who took us to Li Nim Punit, was very resourceful, informative, fun and made our excursion relaxed and enjoyable.
The food here is delicious. My favorite was breakfast with hummingbirds flitting by over a meal of fresh farm eggs and coffee from a French press.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda