Myself and two friends stayed at Belcampo for 4 nights in the beginning of August and we can't recommend enough!
The lodge and rooms are just rustic enough in decor as to fit in with the landscape but still with all the modern amenities one would expect of a 5-star hotel. We loved the daily breakfast on the main lodge's terrace overlooking thousands of acres of rainforest.
Staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly without being overbearing. Everyone went out of their way to ensure every detail of our trip was perfect. We mentioned how much we loved the fried jacks at breakfast and they added a cooking seminar into the schedule. Then after mentioning we wanted to buy the freshly opened coconuts for coconut water, our tour guide, Desmond, arranged for a side trip to a local's house where he procured some fresh coconuts for us along with meeting the family and petting the horses. After one of the lodge's resident pigs gave birth we were able to go and meet the new additions to the Belcampo family.
We partook in a number of the activities on the website (Mayan ruin tour, kayaking, waterfalls, biking, etc) and they were also able to arrange ziplining as well. A special nod to the lodge's dedication to conservation and preservation.
I cannot stress how amazing and fresh the food as. We're all food-snob New Yorkers and were blown away by the food.
We unfortunately had to spend 1 night at a different lodge in the area due to the unexpected hurricaine, and by comparison were then able to realize what great value Belcampo is for the cost.
Many thanks to all who made this the trip of a lifetime - we will certainly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda