We took a group of 19 travelers ages 9 to 83 to Cotton Tree Lodge and experienced all that we hoped to on a community college study abroad experience. With so many activities for all ages, this was a trip that appealed to all members of our group. Granted, our group knew that we would be in the middle of the jungle and wouldn't have air conditioning, but the swim in the Moho River each night more than made up for the lack of it. The staff was very accommodating and we developed a respect for the Mayan people and culture. The food was excellent and well prepared, and the guides were knowledgeable and kind. Our bird watchers recoded seeing 74 varieties of birds including the national bird, the Toucan! Our jungle cabanas provided the perfect environment for our Eco tour. We hope to go back in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HRS, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda