My husband and I stayed here for three nights in early March. The lodge is beautiful and the staff are friendly. The meals were delicious. Alcoholic drinks were not included in the all-inclusive price and turned out to be quite expensive - $5 for a beer and $7 for rum punch, but our stay was still overall much less expensive than another resort we stayed at. The tours were very fun. We did a cacao farm tour which was fun and interesting. We also did a zip lining (extra cost) and river tubing tour. We enjoyed stopping mid river and drinking rum and coconut water from a coconut. The cabanas were clean, but they are in the jungle so we had cockroaches in the bathroom at night and one night there was a giant spider by the bed. But this is just the result of staying in the jungle, not the fault of the lodge. The bed is surrounded by mosquito netting and the bugs were not too bad while we were there. We only wore bug repellant on our cacao farm tour and only got a few mosquito bites during our stay. The cabanas have screens all around so you will hear the sounds of the jungle all night long, so if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs, but the sounds of the jungle - bugs, birds, howler monkeys - were one of my favorite things about this trip. My husband also loved swimming in the river. The staff are so kind and will do their best to accommodate your interests when scheduling excursions but you will have to do what works out with the other guests. We recommend going out to the jungle cabana for a visit if it is not occupied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Booking.com, HRS, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda