“Skip the fast food and eat the real deal”

Gomier's Vegan Vegetarian And Seafood
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: In accordance with our moto "HEALTH is WEALTH" we make wholesome and nutritious meals promoting local - garifuna, caribbean and international dishes. Using the best and freshest produce we have some unique dishes, all made in our homie ,full of love, kitchen: - vegan ice cream - vegan burgers - tofu / tofu balls - soysage - whole wheat bread THE BEST IN P.G - whole wheat cakes and muffins - vegan cheese cake and many more delicious surprises ALL AVAILABLE TO GRAB & GO COOKING LESSONS *coconut A-Z : cooking and making products: food, oil, skin care etc...... *Making natural fruit wine and vinegar *making tofu and soy milk and more..... NUTRITIONAL CONSULTATION CATERING SERVICE
Punta Gorda, Belize
“Skip the fast food and eat the real deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The owner of this restaurant was first a health food shopkeeper in his native Caribbean home. He is articulate about natural remedies, if you have a chance to visit while your meal is being prepared.....and prepared is the key..not taken from the freezer. Each dish is prepared with care, some of this grandmother's recipes included he says, and very healthy. A very Belizean atmosphere....but that where you are....right!

• Visited July 2014

Chicago
“Best Ital and Vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The most healthiest food you can get in regards to whole grains, homemade torfu, delicious veggie and seafood in PG. It's a tiny restaurant but offers tasty and creative daily specials. Try Gomier's homemade Bread......I love it

Visited June 2014
Washington state
“Best tofu in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Be prepared to wait a little while but it's worth it. Order what Gomier has going for the day and you won't be disappointed. My "go-to" was his tofu curry though - perfect amount, delicious sauce, excellent fried rice to accompany it.

Visited March 2014
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal tonight a Gomiers. Past reviews had intrigued me and being a long time Vege I was keen to give it a try - and I'm really glad I did.

My vegetable burrito (BZD10) was extremely tasty, hot, generous and well presented - good value menu I thought. The bread wholemeal and homemade, filled with veges and slices of soya burger. Other options included BBQ tofu, fried tofu curry, tofu burger, brown rice casserole, vege patties, pita and humous, and a range of fish options (including fish fingers). All meals came with salad and fries, rice or mashed potato. I was a bit disappointed with my drink (pineapple juice) which was sold as local fruit juice but didn't taste homemade and had no pineapple flesh in it at all. Maybe this was me.

Gomier came out to talk with me towards the end of my meal and to ask about my travels. He was very friendly and I enjoyed our brief chat - especially as I was the only customer, apart from a few locals at the bar.

What you make of Gomiers may depend what you expect. If you are looking for sparkling floors and table clothes you will be disappointed. If it's good and tasty food, made by locals, in a local-style restaurant - you might just have a great time!

Open 7 days a week, early until late

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank KatESUK
Kenora, Canada
“Yikes!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is supposed to be one of the best places in Punta Gorda but my God, it is positively frightening. All huge Rasta hair, completely unsanitary conditions, outside in a bunch of rough and ready plastic tables and chairs. I can't imagine what it looked like in the kitchen. Wife was sick next day and I can't link it directly but it is possible. On the other hand PG is such a scene of poverty and squalor and you have to eat somewhere.

Visited April 2014
Jenka N, Owner at Gomier's Vegan Vegetarian And Seafood, responded to this review, December 23, 2014
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our restaurant! We've been taking your feedback seriously and made some major changes and renovations both inside & outside. Hope you would like to give us another chance if you ever come back to Punta Gorda.

Blessings/ Mr. Gomier