“Dang Good Ribs”

Mickey Pigg's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Alto
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Commerce, Georgia
“Dang Good Ribs”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stoped by for lunch had the Pork Ribs and a Salad great ribs and a nice salad bar clean place with good employees decent price try the lunch special gosh the cakes they make are un real and decent priced go by and check this place out ya'll.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank compassion691

“Get the Ribs, Friendly Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

If I were to go here again, I would get the ribs instead of the pulled pork. There were 4 of us that ate lunch here and everyone had ribs that were delish. Friendly staff, reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, good service, great find”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

So, we are driving around, exploring the area, and discussing where to grab a bite. We turn into a shopping center on a hill, and spotted Mickey Pigg's BBQ. They had just opened, and regulars (from the local tags) were already seated and eating. We were welcomed and sat in a booth by a window. We don't eat BBQ too often anymore (but it smelled heavenly!) so this review is for other items on the menu. This is a restaurant that is full of Southern comfort and hospitality. Our server was busy yet friendly, and all service came with a smile. Appetizer was fried clams. spouse enjoyed them and nearly cleaned the plate. We ordered for lunch catfish sandwiches, side items included baked beans, cole slaw, green beans and fries. Everything was tasty. The catfish might have been frozen, but was breaded nicely and cooked just right. The cole slaw was chopped, and brought back memories of school cafeterias, in a good, nostalgic way. Green beans were fresh, I could have eaten another helping. Fries were thick and not overdone. The sandwich bread was delicious, but we removed it so we could concentrate on the catfish. We finished up with coffee. We did not order dessert, but I drooled at the counter because they looked fantastic. This was a great little find, and we would gladly return to try out some BBQ chicken and other menu items. There was much to choose from the extensive menu. We wanted and ate a light lunch there, but could easily have stuffed ourselves silly. Enjoyed the homey decor, and felt right at home. Would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
Georgia
“Both great food and great service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not sure how anyone could rate this restaurant anything but excellent. I have been to many BBQ joins over the years and I compare everyone to Mickey Pigs. None of them come close. My whole family asks me time and time again to take them there. I work close enough that a lunch or 2 in a month is not uncommon. I am by no means a constant regular but one of the wait staff, Kelly, will have my drink on the table before I am even seated. That speaks well of the staff at the restaurant and the personal touch that you will receive regardless of who you are. Maybe a naysayer or 2 on the reviews is not used to eating at a clean BBQ joint. If in the area I would only recommend this establishment for your Pulled Pork fix.

• Visited August 2013
Georgia
“Price over quality”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This should be a great BBQ place, but it's not. The ribs are barely tender, could use more time on the fire. The shredded pork was dry. There are two sauces on the table, original and hot. Although the hot was a little spicy for me, it did have a better flavor than the original. It was too sweet, no complex flavors melding. The salad bar left us wanting, only afew basic choices. The atmosphere is just right, country kitsch, which seems like you would want to order mixed veg, but don't. They were frozen veg, not cooked well. I believe this place is interested in low prices and not the quality of the food.

• Visited August 2013