“Both great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mickey Pigg's BBQ

Mickey Pigg's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Alto
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Georgia
“Both great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not sure how anyone could rate this restaurant anything but excellent. I have been to many BBQ joins over the years and I compare everyone to Mickey Pigs. None of them come close. My whole family asks me time and time again to take them there. I work close enough that a lunch or 2 in a month is not uncommon. I am by no means a constant regular but one of the wait staff, Kelly, will have my drink on the table before I am even seated. That speaks well of the staff at the restaurant and the personal touch that you will receive regardless of who you are. Maybe a naysayer or 2 on the reviews is not used to eating at a clean BBQ joint. If in the area I would only recommend this establishment for your Pulled Pork fix.

Georgia
“Price over quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This should be a great BBQ place, but it's not. The ribs are barely tender, could use more time on the fire. The shredded pork was dry. There are two sauces on the table, original and hot. Although the hot was a little spicy for me, it did have a better flavor than the original. It was too sweet, no complex flavors melding. The salad bar left us wanting, only afew basic choices. The atmosphere is just right, country kitsch, which seems like you would want to order mixed veg, but don't. They were frozen veg, not cooked well. I believe this place is interested in low prices and not the quality of the food.

Clarkesville, Georgia
“Good barbecue, decent sides, GREAT cocunut cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've enjoyed this place for years and keep coming back. Ignore the few naysayers and give it a try. You'll be glad you did. The barbecue, riblets and buffalo wings are all very, very good.

Dahlonega
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stopped for lunch and really was pleased with the atmosphere and service. The food was resonably priced but it was not very good. The chicken and pork were extremely dry. We had the slider lunch special and our biggest complaint was the buns. They were cold, stale and crumbled in your hand making it impossible to pick them up. We had to take the tops off and try to eat the meat with a fork. Usually try to give a restaurant a second try but we probably won't this one.

• Visited June 2013
Cornelia, GA
“OM Goodness - Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Driving up 365 in NE Georgia is not the most entertaining. Suddenly we noticed a quaint little restaurant on the east side of the road. We are always hungry and love to try new places! We were soon swept in by the delightful southern manners and the wondrous smells! We chose the family feast, and THAT was exactly what we got! Tender ribs, chicken, pork, dinner sausage - all grilled and cooked to PERFECTION! The homemade baked beans, fried pickles, vidalia onion rings to die for, well, the list goes on and on! The owners work side by side with the servers, seeing that every need or desire is surpassed. DO NOT LEAVE without tasting their homemade pies, cakes, or cheese cakes. The owners make these on sight! The peanut butter/chocolate pie is one of my favorites. Mickey Pigg's is a MUST STOP for us! We LOVE it!

• Visited June 2013