“Exactly what we were looking for!”
Review of Sabal Beach

Sabal Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exactly what we were looking for!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Sabal Beach is truly a unique spot. It is not that easy these days to find a place that is uncrowded, restorative and gorgeous. We came for a week with the idea of 'roughing it' a bit but the cabana exceeded our expectations. Bedding was comfy, the cabana was clean, the breeze was fantastic, the view unbeatable and everything we needed was there and waiting for our arrival.

David & Wayne were great hosts and gave us plenty of privacy but were very easy to deal with if we needed something, wanted to schedule a tour or had any questions.

We took a tour of Monkey River that was really great since we were able to beat the normal tourist crowds up the river from Sabal Beach and the snorkel trip to the reef was superb. Saw tons of aquatic life and had the boat to ourselves for the day which made for a very relaxed day. I have been on other trips with 20+ divers / snorkelers and felt rushed. Definitely was not the case on the tours we took from Sabal Beach.

I would highly recommend Sabal Beach to anyone looking for a relaxing beach get away!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve M
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Sabal Beach! We always love to hear from people that enjoy Belize as much as we do and are glad you enjoyed your time here. The Monkey River Tour really is great and I am glad to hear you two enjoyed it and the snorkeling.

Hope to see you again!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Sabal Beach was exactly what my partner and I needed. We didn't want our first trip together to be a run of the mill, touristy experience. It was everything we expected it to be and more. A paradise on earth for just the two of us. David is an excellent host. He was more than helpful when it came to planning our adventure from start to finish. We walked the beach every day and saw something different and wondrous. Cougar and iguana tracks, stingrays near the shore. Birds galore! There were parrots that came around every morning. Brown pelicans, herons and egrets were a common sight too. I have to say without reservation, our favorite spot was at the end of the dock, where we watched the sunrise every morning with our coffee and occasionally the company of a manatee or dolphin. Fishing with the locals, a tour of the Monkey River and snorkeling at the barrier reef are some of the things David arranged for us to do.We both enjoyed ourselves immensely. Truly the trip of a lifetime and one that will be hard to match. We will be back.........without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. You were both great to have here and t was a special treat to have another birder on property! We hope to see you here again.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

If David Thoreau had moved to Belize instead of Walden Pond, this is the place he'd of built (except add solar power, hot shower and comfy double bed). David, the owner, is fantastic. He makes all logistics and prep easy. He arranged an epic day bone fishing for me with George. But when I told him I wanted to remain quiet and alone for the reminder of my trip he kindly disappeared. The place is so beautiful, words fall short. Pack plenty of your own food cause there is nothing around for miles and miles, which is what makes the place special.

• Stayed March 2013
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We were happy to have you here and I still can not believe how many permit you caught in one day! Hopefully we will see you here again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Sabal Beach.
Guantanamo, Cuba
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and I went to Sabal for complete relaxation and quiet time. The beach, the house and David make this a perfect place to get away from it all. It is said that the three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in the the trees, and the sound of the ocean on a beach. I heard them all while staying at Sabal. We saw parrots, a grey fox, many tropical fish, and many beautiful butterflies. We will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It was a pleasure having you both here and we hope to see you back in Belize in the future. I have yet to get a drink out of the challenge coin but it is a great conversation piece!
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and found this beach to be absolute paradise.We were looking for some time together and we had nothing but .The cabin was clean,sheets and towels top quality.The beach and dock are where we spent our lazy days together,.Watching the sun come up in the morning and then the moon come up from that beautiful dock they have was priceless.David the host was first rate and when we left we felt we were leaving a friend behind.We also met some of the locals ,who were beautiful people.Sadly missing the place still,we will be back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It was great having you both here! If we don't see you back here we may have to head north to BC (although it will definitely be in the summer....).
Valley City, North Dakota
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Sabal beach is a slice of paradise. My girlfriend and I were there for a week and that was not long enough. The facility is well kept and very clean. The idea of relaxing and spending time on a beautiful beach is taken to a new level when you have miles of private beach. David the host is more of a personal attendant he is so helpful setting up tours and looking after any need or wants. He is the best. We had food catered by local residents and they were a joy to be around. The food had a local flavor and was fantastic. The local people truly know how to enjoy life. The snorkeling was a lifetime experience. Jason the guide went right into the water and identified fish and plant life. You would miss so much without a local showing you every detail. We rented our snorkel gear in placencia and brought with us. There are kayaks on site and a small taste of what you see at the reef experience is just 15-30 minutes of kayaking from the cabana. There was Internet connection within short distance of our cabana for when we needed to send envious pics to friends back home. Some days we sat on the end of the dock with a refreshing cold drink well into evening. Sometimes our host would join us and w enjoyed his company as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
It was a pleasure having you both and we hope to see you again soon! I have to admit though - the picture you sent of you in snow up to your knees back home made me even more glad to be here at Sabal Beach!
Placencia, Belize
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My Partner and I went to Sabal Beach for the the weekend with some friends and it the best time I had in years. Peace & Quiet with nothing but the ocean beating on the shore line. My Partner more adventurous than I took to the wild looking for wildlife, only he know what he was looking for but he loved it very much.

We went swimming off the dock and David & Wayne so graciously lent us their noddles oh what fun, Wayne also introduced me to a game of which I was not good at but Wayne was the champion and I cannot remember the name of it, but it was all great fun.

Our Friend cooked while David and Wayne entertained us. Thanks for a wonderful weekend end guys, it been far to long and I think I need a break again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cleeve W
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
You are right. It has been far too long! Hopefully we will see you here again in 2015! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Sabal Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo District
#6 of 54 in San Pedro
Belcampo Lodge
Belcampo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Punta Gorda

Been to Sabal Beach? Share your experiences!