“Hotel de la Fuente is safe, clean, and has exceptional owners.”
Review of Hotel de la Fuente

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange Walk
Hotel de la Fuente
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orange Walk
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Hotel de la Fuente was clean, spacious and affordable. We arrived late on a rainy Saturday night after a long day of traveling. We were greeted warmly by the staff, shown several rooms, and made to feel safe and welcome. In the morning we were treated to breakfast by Orlando (one of the owners). Orlando and his wife Cindy are by far the nicest and most hospitable hotel owners I have ever met and I have traveled all over the world. If you are looking for a clean, safe, comfortable hotel in Orange Walk, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2008

After a full day of roaming the streets of Orange Walk which was very humid, it was rewarding coming to the hotel which awaited me with a cold room with clean sheets and fresh towels. This place was spotless. The staff were friendly and caring including the woners(Cindy and Orlando) which constantly mingled with guests with the objective of making your stay as comfotable could be. Mr. De la Fuente even went further and offered me a free room upgrade which I gladly accepted.
If you are travelling in the Northern Districts of Orange walk and Corozal and are looking for great accomodations, service, a friendly staff, fresh ground coffee in the mornings......I promise you that you will find it at De La Fuente Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed May 10, 2008

My colleagues and I stayed at de la Fuente last summer, and it was fantastic. Besides the cleanliness of the rooms (perfect), great air conditioning, good internet access, laundry service and beautiful location, the staff was incredible. We met the owners only once, (very kind) but the rest of the staff was so incredibly helpful. They checked with us many times throughout our stay about where we would be eating, recommended great places, found us great deals, and stayed up late with us talking about our experiences. They felt like life long friends.
We were put up in this hotel by Rotary members, while working with Belizean teachers, and found the whole experience just amazing.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I agree with previous posts talking about the great value here! Orange Walk is not a popular stopping point yet, but after our stay at the Hotel de la Fuente, I can say that when I return to Belize, I would probably use it as a base to explore northern Belize. The rooms - spotless, satellite TV (big hit with our kids!), coffee maker and coffee (this is not common in Belize, a very nice touch!), maid service, hot water, AC, comfortable. The hotel itself is very nice, lots of tile, looks romantic! There are wraparound porches all around, great place to sit at night and listen to the frogs from the river. They are agents for Jungle River Tours (these guys get, and deserve, great reviews in the guide books!), which is convenient. There is free internet access for guests, and lots of books, maps, and advice for travelers. The best part of Hotel de la Fuente though, was the Fuentes themselves. Orlando and Cyndi looked after us so well, and in a genuine way, (I appreciate great customer service, and this was even better!), if that makes sense! We loved it! It's cheap, but you'll get way more than what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stayed at the Hotel de la Fuente while on a school trip to Belize. Our group of 24 stayed for 5 nights and loved every minute of it. Cyndi and Orlando and their staff were warm and welcoming. They helped with booking tours and arranging breakfasts. The rooms were clean and comfortable with many ammenities. Their hospitality went far beyond our expectations. We highly recommend this hotel and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 13, 2008

I have done a little traveling (151 countries) in the past 15 years and and have never come across a better hotel for value than Hotel De La Fuente in Orange Walk, Belize. No I am not kidding! In room amenities like TV, fridge, AC, coffee maker, and modern bathroom make staying here a very pleasant experience. Yes it is very clean, has very friendly,efficient staff, and Orlando and Cyndi, the owners, treat you like family. At least that is how I felt for the three nights I stayed there. They are genuinely concerned that you have an enjoyable stay in their hotel. And they accept credit cards. Although there is no restaurant, there are several a short walk away.
Cyndi and Orlando are extremely well connected throughout the area and can book tours to the Mayan ruin sites and just about anything else you can think to do. Cyndi makes all the arrangements and books all the tours. I told her what I wanted to do and she made it all happen. Now that was a relaxing vacation.
As you may know, Belize is a third world country, but has the charm of a very noble culture with much to offer the lucky tourists who venture there. When you visit Orange Walk, you already know where to stay, Hotel De La Fuente.
Clint Woolley
Salt Lake City, Utah
USA

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2008

My family and I spent 6 nights at this hotel and were pleased with the amenities and the service. The price was very reasonable and the booking process was painless. The hotel is clean and cozy. It is a good starting ground to visiting Belize because the staff can help arrange tours to different sites. The owners and staff are friendly and willing to answer any questions, make recommendations about where to eat, etc.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
0 mi away
Akihito Hotel
Akihito Hotel
#7 of 8 in Orange Walk

Been to Hotel de la Fuente? Share your experiences!