“If you are in Orange Walk, this is a great hotel”
Review of Hotel de la Fuente

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange Walk
Hotel de la Fuente
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orange Walk
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here, and found the staff from top to bottom very friendly and accommodating. There isn't much to do in Orange Walk outside of the Lamanai tour, but Hotel de la Fuente is walking distance to everything. They picked us up at the local airport and arranged for our Lamanai tour one day and Zoo visit the next, and then drove us to Belize City as well (all for a cost), but pricing seemed fair. For however long you stay in Orange Walk, this is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew M

Reviewed December 8, 2013

As my booking in another hotel was cancelled at the last minute (less than 48 hnours before my arrival there), I was scrambling a bit.
I tried to book through their website and received an automated answer saying that they'll get back to me soon.
After more than 24 hours I had to get them a call as I was getting worried with my flight coming up soon. I was told that there was no vacancy.
I wished they would have written to me to tell me this instead of having me call them. I did actually received an email from them saying that there was no available room, just as I was about to board the plane.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JPDeM
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in a second floor room without a kitchen in the second block - facing the river (not the main block where the reception is, that faces the road). It is a beautiful building, and the room was spacious with aircon, fridge and a nice shower. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. They are renovating the reception, and planning a breakfast room, but when I was there we had to have breakfast at the Banquitas Cultural Centre restaurant (which was great).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mishmash255
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Came to orange walk just for a day to go to lamanai and spend the night before leaving Belize. After spending 6 weeks in make shift cabanas on a beach with no electricity this was just what we wanted! Air con, very clean and comfy bed and hot water! Te your to lamanai from the hotel was a great day out, really worth the money and a great guide too!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Gapyeartraveler
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my first time to Belize with my best friend who had visited Orange Walk previously a year before. The rooms were clean,beds comfortable, good wifi, and the bathroom was my favorite. All of the staff was beyond any positive word I could come up with in my vocabulary.The staff did security walk throughs at night and made me safe (being outside of the U.S for the 1st time n all). We celebrated my friends birthday while over there and they even bought her a cake and sang happy birthday! They made us feel like family and I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nora B
Reviewed September 23, 2013

From our guide book I was expecting this hotel to be on the river. Well, the river is somewhere back there but this is definitely an in-town hotel. And boy is the town ugly and dusty. That said, if you want to see the Maya ruins of Lamanai and don't want to pay and arm and a leg for the more expensive lodges down river this is a great choice.

We paid about $20 USD each for a room with a double bed and a single (we were a party of three). This was a great deal as the room was spotlessly clean and included free wifi, cable, a fridge, a microwave, full-force A/C that's adjustable, and a very hot and strong shower. Breakfast is included: bananas, coffee, toast with PB/jam (good enough for me!). It's very close to the river departure point and near the Orange Walk downtown strip.

The staff were helpful and booked our Lamanai trip for us and let us store our bags while we were away on the tour. I didn't love Orange Walk but this hotel was cozy and well-equipped and it made our stay enjoyable enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bronwyn17
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have travelled for 4 months in South and Central America.
This would be one of the best hotels overall we have stayed in.
The room was spacious and clean.
The bathroom a good adequate size. Tons of hot water.
No problems with Wifi (excellent strength), Air Con or TV.
Staff were absolutely excellent.
They booked tours for us and our onward travel up on to Mexico - no problems at all.
They kindly printed off some paperwork we needed.
They even introduced us to Tacos for breakfast - all at no extra charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chan Chich Lodge
Chan Chich Lodge
#1 of 8 in Orange Walk
Lamanai Landings Hotel & Marina

Been to Hotel de la Fuente? Share your experiences!