“Far away from su casa”
Review of Hotel de la Fuente

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange Walk
Hotel de la Fuente
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orange Walk
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have always visited Belize, but if you are into the the quiet atmosphere, Mayan ruins, rain forests, jaguar/bird watching, and having an 'organic experience' Orange Walk is the place to visit. The place to stay where they will remember you by your name, free continental breakfast, professional and warm staff, is the "Hotel De La Fuente". The rooms are super comfortable, new rooms, AC is cold(you will need this), Clean bathrooms, and again, super acomodating staff who are bi-lingual(English and spanish) and you outmost satisfaction and peace of mind is thier pleasure!--Stay at the De La Fuente Hotel!
Try thier new warm blankets--cozy!

Room Tip: Always ask for the rooms to the very back, by the river...facing the jungle
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2011

The room are confortable and clean. Good shower,free water as welcome, fridge, air conditioning and Wifi
People in the hotel is very kind and always happy to help you: they are very friendly.
Free Continental breakfast in the morning

They also organize trips, especially the one to Lamanai...everything was perfect.

The hotel is very well placed for the trip to Lamanai.
I reccomend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We couldnt have asked for better service at Hotel de la fuente.

Yvan and his crew helped make our 4 night stay in orange walk a trip to remember, offering maps, tour info and guiding us to the towns hot spots (the bakery a walk down the road is a must)!!!
 But most importantly they all greeted us with happy friendly faces.

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the shower was the by far the best we've had on our 2 month trip through central america. The wifi worked perfectly, as did the flat screen tv with a huge range of channels. We looked forward to our morning breaky, toast, spread options, fresh bananas and belizean pies. Yummo!

Management heard the news of our engagement and spoilt us with a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolate. We felt very special!

We had a wonderful stay and would recommend this place to anyone.

Thanks again guys!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Dogwalker77
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Hotel located on river and on the main street. Perfect for business clients but love it for budget or leisure travelers.
Select room 101 on the lower floor. A nice sitting area with wide screen TV, comfortable lounging chairs and unique rope lighting for a chance at romance. Refrigerator, micro wave, coffee maker and ironing board complete the amenitys. Watch your step going into the bathroom as there is an unexpected step down.
Park your car or truck with no worries about security as there is all night security and security TV at the front counter.
Continental Breakfast available in the front office includes Incredible meat pies, OJ, coffee plus bananas and more bananas.
This is our second experience at this hotel. Hint--there is a great Chinese restaurant , an ice house and grocery store one block away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel de la fuente gave us excellent service - they arranged laundry for us, gave us free breakfast and organized an excursion to Lamanai for us which was really great.

The room was clean and had everything we wanted - a good shower, fridge, excellent air conditioning and Wifi - we would definitely recommend this for a stay in Orange Walk!

(also - don't forget to visit the excellent bakeries while you are in OW)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieBoxshall
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were supposed to stay 2 nights here, but shortened the stay by one night about one month before the arrival date. There was no problems in changing that.

We went to Lamanai before checking in, so we were super tired. Thankfully check-in was a breeze .. thanks to the efficient Ivan. The AC works well. For being on a busy street, we didn't hear any cars or outside noise. The following morning we walked down about a block and at delicious street tacos.

We were not on property much, but for the time we were -- everyone was nice and friendly and the room was clean. Big plus -- the wireless connection was the best at this hotel than the previous hotels we had visited in Belize.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoannaBz
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently had to make a trip to Orange Walk Town. I had never stayed overnight there and looked to Trip Advisor to get an idea of what hotel to book. Hotel De La Fuente was at the top of the list so I booked it. I called and spoke to Ivan who was working the front desk. He was extremely helpful with all my questions. I was traveling to Corozal Airport and needed a taxi to be arranged to drive me the 45 minutes to Orange Walk. Ivan said he would send a local taxi up to get me. Upon landing in Corozal I was happy to find my arranged driver Blanco with my name printed out on Hotel De La Fuente stationary waiting for me!!! Thank you Ivan!!!! Five minutes later Ivan called my cell phone to make sure I was met at the airport. Extremely great service by the hotel and I hadn't even arrived yet!!! Upon arrival I was greeted warmly by Ivan at the front desk and Orlando the owner of the Hotel. I was walked to my room by Ivan and he did a final check of the room. I booked one of their premium rooms and was very happy with it. Nice tiles and pedestal sink in the bathroom, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall with cable, free high speed WiFi, a comfortable queen bed, fridge, wardrobe, hardwood furniture, extra towels and a heavy blanket for the bed and a small table and chair. My room...206...looked out to the back of the hotel and river that was masked by tall trees and bushes. The rooms are non smoking but clay planters filled with sand are provided outside in a few places on each floor. The room was located in their new building behind the original hotel so it is very quiet and secluded. I didn't hear anything sleeping at night. after getting unpacked I wanted a quick lunch and asked Ivan and Orlando about where to eat. They gave me a couple recommendations and then had one of their employees drop me off in what I can guess is the owners personal vehicle. Again...incredible service and hospitality!!!! After lunch I came back to get cleaned up and meet some friends who live in the area. The shower easily has the best water pressure I've ever experienced in my life and plenty of hot water! I called the hotel late in the evening around 7:30pm to arrange for another room for a friend who decided to stay and happily had someone answer the phone. Usually most front desks in Belize hotels close around 6:00pm and are unavailable till morning. Again...great service!!! I was extremely pleased with the hotel staff, my room and the incredible service provided by Hotel De La Fuente and recommend them to anyone travelling to Orange Walk Town and areas surrounding it. A truly amazing little hotel!!!! Thanks Ivan and Orlando!!! You guys are fantastic and I wish only the best for you and your great hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
#2 of 2 in Orange Walk
Akihito Hotel
Akihito Hotel
#7 of 8 in Orange Walk

Been to Hotel de la Fuente? Share your experiences!