Orchid Palm Inn
  • Pool
$264
$205
  • Breakfast included
Hotel de la Fuente(Orange Walk)
Hotel Maya(Corozal Town)
Mirador Hotel(Corozal Town)
TripAdvisor
The Sea Breeze Hotel(Corozal Town)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my second trip to Orange Walk in just over a year. I came back to this hotel because it is clean and the staff is very helpful. It is also very well located and a short walk to resturants. It is not the Hilton, but then there is not one in town. If you are going to be staying here you have to choose betwee tne 2 or 3 in town. I think this may be the best choice.

Room Tip: #7 works for me.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived here exhausted after a long day of travel from San Pedro. Unfortunately, the hotel is located on the main highway one block from a traffic light. This meant that the constant stream of heavy trucks were either gearing down or up as they passed our room. We did not sleep at all and unfortunately had to move to a quieter hotel. It is clean and the owners were very nice. We almost felt guilty about moving.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Helwa H, Manager at Orchid Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us. I'm truly sorry about the outside noise, I wish it was something in our control that we could fix. I was told once that our windowless rooms are better when it comes to buffering out the noise, but I do understand that you didn't want to risk another night without your beauty rest. I do hope the rest of your stay in Belize was better for you. Thank you once again for your thoughts.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff is outstanding, I think that was my most memorable experience. The ladies were sweet and would bend over backwards to help.
There were bugs in my bed, I don't know if that is typical for less tourist oriented towns in Belize. They have a different concept of 'animals' in the house I realized as I got used to ever-present lizards, for example. But the bugs were just ants and I brushed them out, put on some bug spray and it was fine.
It's a pretty little place and I felt safe.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a more interior room so less street noise reaches you, the building is on a corner of one of Orange Walk's busier streets.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for us. We certainly enjoyed being of service. Yes, little here in the tropics ants and sometimes lizards do have a way of trying to make themselves at home much to our dismay. My sincerest apologies for the uninvited guests in your room we'll be sure to take extra measures in keeping the ants at bay. Once again thanks again for choosing to stay with us, we do hope you enjoyed your time in Belize.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night. We asked around at the bus stop and a taxi driver recommended the Orchid Palm. The room was clean and we slept well once the party at the park ended. We didn't realize it but there was a celebration thing at the park for the Belizean holiday. I asked the next morning and found out that there was some sort of Karaoke thing that was a big hit. I was a bit hard to sleep until that ended, but we managed. Can't fault a town for wanting to have fun over a holiday. We walked around a bit to find somewhere to eat that night. Felt safe walking the couple of streets in the area. The inn also helped us arrange for a tour, and we enjoyed the tour. Being as we didn't make a reservation and stumbled upon this inn we were quite pleased with the value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Orchid Palm Inn is a wonderful hotel in Orange Walk Town. The staff was great & the rooms was great, A/C, TV, comfy beds & private bath. My Girlfriend & I went there for the Independence Day Celebration to see the beautiful fire works & activities. And the hotel is just a few minutes walk to the stores & restaurants. I would definitely recommend the Orchid Palm Inn. When I'm in town again I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spice91
Helwa H, Manager at Orchid Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your review! We love that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your time here in Orange Walk. Here in Sugar City we aim to may our September celebrations for Independence one to remember. I do hope that you enjoyed the fireworks and the Parade. If you find yourself back in Belize and Orange Walk do feel free to swing by and say hi! Safe travels!