Chan Chich is situated in the heart of the jungle and takes a little while to reach by road, however, once you are there it really is beautiful. Our trip took us from Lamanai to Chan Chich, then onto Turtle inn at Plancencia (see review). We felt that Chan Chich was the best lodge from a point of view of the setting, the rooms and the food. There was more to do at Lamanai, however the trips we did do such as horse riding and canoeing were excellent and well organised. The staff at Chan Chich were very friendly and could not do enough for us and we were highly impressed with our cabanas (quite chic) and the food - city restaurant standard. We would highly recommend staying here. Having travelled to many places, this scored in our top 3 of places to revisit - well worth the journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retrace the footsteps of the Maya, wander our extensive trail system and discover the unforgettable flora, fauna and Maya history unique to this tropical paradise. With an unparalleled abundance of wildlife(and the best chance to see the elusive jaguar in its natural habitat) Chan Chich is an extraordinary destination for naturalists, birders and for those seeking an authentic retreat to the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Chan Chich Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chan Chich Hotel Orange Walk
- Chan Chich Lodge Belize/Orange Walk