Arrived for 5 days with my father who is an elderly devout birder. Saw few birds or other wildlife. Were told it is more lively in the dry season (we were there in October). Nice location, but too isolated for me for a 5 day stay. Food was good, but definitely not exceptional/inspired (fried shrimp and ceviche were great). Lunch choices were better than dinner. We were the only guests one night and there were only 2 other people the other nights - pretty dead. Guides are very good at spotting what little was there. Staff are extremely cordial and accommodating. 30 minutes by air from Belize City; hours by road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retrace the footsteps of the Maya, wander our extensive trail system and discover the unforgettable flora, fauna and Maya history unique to this tropical paradise. With an unparalleled abundance of wildlife(and the best chance to see the elusive jaguar in its natural habitat) Chan Chich is an extraordinary destination for naturalists, birders and for those seeking an authentic retreat to the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Chan Chich Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chan Chich Hotel Orange Walk
- Chan Chich Lodge Belize/Orange Walk