A beautiful resort in the midst of a Mayan site in the midst of a wonderful hacienda with a coffee plantation, orange groves, lakes, cattle and horseback riding. There was truly awesome birding. And my wife and I were not birders and we loved every minute. We identified 76 beautiful birds and really got caught up in the whole thing.
Really terrific food and I mean really terrific. The cabanas were great with a giant bathroom and the living space had wonderful louvered sides so it was like being outdoors.
Great day trips to Tikal (Mayan history with great pyramids) and to the fun ATM cave site (again Mayan but with a "water park" feel).
And the staff...I cannot remember anywhere I have traveled across the world where the staff was so very warm and helpful. I should say this again, the staff was GREAT.
We did bird tours with a guide from 6-8AM and 4-6PM along with night rides to look for the jaguars. We took our own walks in the daytime or sat by the very nice pool or in the very nice jacuzzi. We spent 10 days there.
Chan Chich was relaxing and rewarding. Anyone would love it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retrace the footsteps of the Maya, wander our extensive trail system and discover the unforgettable flora, fauna and Maya history unique to this tropical paradise. With an unparalleled abundance of wildlife(and the best chance to see the elusive jaguar in its natural habitat) Chan Chich is an extraordinary destination for naturalists, birders and for those seeking an authentic retreat to the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Chan Chich Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chan Chich Hotel Orange Walk
- Chan Chich Lodge Belize/Orange Walk