“Fantastic food and the most unique atmosphere in Belize!”

Nahil Mayab Restaurant & Patio
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Orange Walk
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nahil Mayab Restaurant is the ideal venue in Orange Walk Town, Belize, for a family dinner, romantic date, business lunch, or to socialize. Guests can dine in our air-conditioned dining hall or in the courtyard surrounded by a lush, tropical forest garden. Choose from an array of dishes prepared by our certified chef and her team. Amenities include complimentary wireless internet and a children's playground.
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I'd heard that Nahil Mayab was a unique restaurant, known for its Mojitos, but it has the coolest ambiance I've seen in Belize. I was told that it took the better part of a decade to create, and that just one wall of the bar took 6 months to sculpt, and after being there, I believe it.

It's hard to describe how unique it is. Imagine every square inch of the walls having Mayan glyphs on them. All around the ceiling were glyphs, and the columns had stella on them. I truly can't believe it exists in Belize. The detail on the waterfall wall is outstanding. It's done with painted plaster of paris or something, but words really don't do it justice, you'd just have to see it to believe it.

The drinks were good, and strong. A friend took me there for happy hour to show me the place, and after seeing the decor, and hearing about how it took years to build, I decided I must come back later for the food. The food was outstanding! I sat at the bar, since I wanted some more drinks, and to hear the bartender's take on the place. The Hawaiian mojito was really good(they are half price during happy hour), as were the peach and blue margaritas.

I had the bartender, Veronica, who made great drinks, suggest food, and Creamy Mushroom Chicken it was. It was divine! If I had stayed in Orange Walk another night, I would've gone back to try something else. The place was pretty full the entire time I was there, which says a lot. Yet, the food came out in good time, and had wonderful presentation. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to here for our first dinner in Belize. The restaurant was clean, service was friendly and the menu was extensive - there is something for everyone on there. The food portions were big, and everything was good. The only other diners were other tourists and I think we were hoping for something more local/authentic.
So this was not a bad place, just nothing special that couldn't be found at home.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

In my Belizean adventure it began as a craving, but ended up being a game. I asked for a my steak to be medium-rare. True to form, the steak was cooked well-done. I guess it is a Belizean thing - "if ih no bun, ih no dun!" (ie - if it is red, it is not cooked)
Btw, of the 5 restaurants I requested medium rare steak, this was the second best in taste.

Other than the steak being overcooked, the side dishes was very nice. We also had the typical maya dish, and that was delicious.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

We loved Nahil Mayab. Exellent Mayan dishes and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

What a gem after the fairly ordinary food in the rest of Belize, especially for vegetarians. We had some of the best pasta and fish on our holiday here. this delightful refuge from the too frequent fast food and fish in Belize restaurants has a lovely quiet setting a 10 minute walk from town. Well worth the effort even if you get lost. It's safe! The prices were excellent value and everything is made fresh. We went twice.