“Colibri House - Best of Placencia Village”
Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
Ranked #4 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Louisville, KY USA
“Colibri House - Best of Placencia Village”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Hi Stefano -

We just wanted to tell you again how much we adored staying at Colibri House last month (May 2010). It is by far the best of the "beach cabins" at Placencia Village, and we have stayed in several.

The wonderful architecture, the fascinating furnishings you have collected from around the world, the "comfort" amenities, the sweet porches, the location at the "quiet end" of the Village - all come together to make charming and memorable days and nights at the beach !

Add to that your very personalized care and concern, and the fact that you are so interesting and fun to hang out with, and the picture is complete.

Please do give a "nice hello" to Nicoletta, and we do hope that the mangoes are being picked up by the person of your choice . . . And please give the yard-kitties a special snack from us !

We will be back in Belize very soon, and we will be in touch. Hope all is going swimmingly for you !

Barbara and Clay Clements

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barb-Clay
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hi All! This is the first time I am answering to every Guest/Friend who have reviewed us in this Magic site called Tripadvisor. A Magic link that connect Rental Business, Travelers and Tourists of the whole Earth... Thank to All of you and to Tripadvisor our little business, the Colibri House has prospered for years being able to survive also in recent difficult times because of the terrible Global Economical meltdown... It has been taught to everybody but maybe all of us have reached to the end of that tunnel that badly hit many nice Families. I have always thought about all of you hoping that the nice people who have picked up our vacation rental to enjoy their holidays could make it as we have been able to make it until now. I am sincerely grateful to all of you... Now possibly all of us will have to fight again against new Economical Challenges plus the Global change of the weather, so weird and unpredictable here in Belize as in the rest of the World. But I am sure that all of us will be blessed and we will make it again!!! I have always thought that the Karma strongly linked to the Colibri House was good for us and for our Guests/Friends and I hope He helped you as He helped us... Just a thought after so many years (14...) I started this business with Nicoletta, when nobody here or at home in Italy could even think we could make it... I wanted to share it with All of you but now it is better if I will post it right the way!!!! If not I won't be so brave to do it!!!!!!!! ;o)

I wish you all the best, grazie infinite.... Ciao! Stefano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed staying in Colibri House in January of 2010 so much, that when I decided to return to Placencia to swim with whale sharks in May (my husband could not travel with me because of work) I knew I was not only returning to Placencia for the whale sharks and the beautiful environment, but I missed Colibri House. Its divine location on the beach, it's beautiful, cultured, yet comfortable decor and the overall blissful ambiance was something I needed to experience again.
The owner Stefano is so personable that I really feel I own a little piece of Colibri House in my heart! My husband and I will always want to return and in fact have booked our next holiday there for 2011 already!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Fiona066

Cairndow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2010

You step from the verandah of this charming wooden house almost directly on to a beach-great for early morning swims and watching the sun go down. There's a hammock on the verandah for lazing. The house itself has two levels, each separate from the other. It's shaped like an octagon, with shutters all round for the cooling breezes coming off the sea. It's clean, with good basic kitchen, bathroom and Wifi. Two things make it exceptional, its location, and the wonderful service provided by the owners, Stefano and Nicoletta, charming Italians who can't do enough for their guests. It's on the outskirts of Placencia, quiet but with easy access along a boardwalk to little eating places and bars run by the locals, mostly tucked under the palm trees. The people of Placencia are friendly and very welcoming. It's still got that attractive, sleepy feel-go there!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weescot1

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We had a fantastic stay at the Colibri House, a unique destination in Placencia, Belize.
It's an octagonal, two-story house that sits right on the beach...we had the top floor, which has a two-hammock balcony that looks out over the ocean. A haven for relaxation. Also featured a agreat bedroom loft and a second balcony. The place is furnished with nice antiques from around the world, has a great feel, and is situated in a prime location to head into the village.
The service was attentive and friendly as can be. Stefano and Nicoletta, who own and maintain the house, are always around, have great tips for what to do in town, and make sure you know how and where to have fun.
We would definitely return and recommend the place to anyone looking for an affordable, relaxing, and authentic beach escape.
Thanks to Stefano and Nicoletta for a great trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gkornbluh

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We don't usually do reviews but Colibri House is an exception. We both feel very fortunate to have experienced it's affordable, comfortable, naturally unique atmosphere; as well as the very gracious hospitality, offered by Stefano, Nicolette and the lovely cats.
Only a ten minute walk away is Sam's Sweet Dreams Bakery and all of Placencia's ammenities. We enjoyed cooking our own meals in the well stocked kitchen, swinging in the hammock and swimming only a few steps from our door. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ParidiseDreamer

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I were very pleased with our choice of Colibri House in Placencia--it suited our purposes perfectly. We like to take a week in April to go someplace quiet and warm...we don't need much more than a pleasant place to read books and relax. Colibri House was perfect in that it had all the amenities we would want...full kitchen was great because we were able to conserve money by eating in and eat healthy food. There were plenty of places to buy groceries, fresh fruit, fresh fish, etc. The house is located only a few minutes walk from the main village, and just far enough away to keep us out of the "traffic". Stefano and Nicollette were lovely and helpful--providing us good tips on where to eat/shop/etc., keeping linens fresh, etc. We would certainly recommend it.

One hope is that the village of Placencia does some work to keep the beach free of garbage--that was a little disconcerting, but not too too bad.

Overall a great quiet destination; we would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2010

What else can be said about Stefano and Nicoletta that hasn't been said in all the other posts... they are truly the warmest most helpful people you will run into on your travels.
The Colibri has it all... everything you need and some things you forgot to bring!! Don't look for a microwave though... Stefano has strong feelings about them :-) the cute little oven works like a charm to heat things up.
Be sure to wake up early at least one morning to watch the sunrise from the upstairs balcony.. no better way to start the day.
Listen to Stefano's recommendations about Placencia... spot on advice!! Got to give a shout out to Tuti Fruti and the Sweet Dreams bakery...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family