“Fantastic Place in Placencia!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
Ranked #3 of 26 Placencia B&B and Inns
Grimsby, Canada
“Fantastic Place in Placencia!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Colibri House at the end of October and it was fantastic!!! My husband and I rented the apartment upstairs and his 2 brothers rented the apartment downstairs. The location was PERFECT! Just far enough away from all the noise but close enough to all the action. It is located right on the sidewalk which makes getting food, drinks or catching a tour quick and easy. The house itself was very clean and comfortable. Lots of windows and doors to enjoy the nice sea breeze. The loft bedroom in the upper apartment can get a little warm at times but there are lots of fans to help cool you down. Stefano and Nicolette were amazing people to deal with - one of them stopped by once a day to make sure everything was going well and that we had everything we needed. They gave us lots of recommendations for places to eat and good tour companies to use. I was a little nervous about sending a wire transfer for the deposit initially but it is completely safe with Stefano so no need to be worried! We would 100% recommend Colibri House and will stay there again when we return to Placencia :)

Room Tip: The downstairs unit is cooler for sleeping.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaurenHadath
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Lauren, believe me or not but you know that the last three Parties we had at the Colibri House were all Families like yours renting the whole cottage? And Abbyann as Barbara with their husbands came back in different occasions... Maybe one day you will come back too!!! Thank you for your great review and for being so nice to us... I wish you, your husband and his brothers all the best, ciao e grazie!!! Stefano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just spent a week in Placencia in the downstairs apt of the Colibri House. It was my 3rd visit to Belize and Placencia, 2nd time staying at the Colibri House. I love Placencia and think the Colibri House is a fabulous place to stay. This house has a great location close to the end of the sidewalk on a beautiful beach. You are out of the foot traffic here and pretty much have the whole beach to yourself. We swam in the 82° water before breakfast and throughout the day. Both apts are very nice and a real bargain. Having a kitchen, fridge and nice bathroom is a big plus. Both apts. have these. Even though we never cooked a meal (too many great restaurants and wonderful fish dinners to be tried), we were able to make coffee and store drinks. There is also a blender in both apts - great for making fresh fruit smoothies or those rum drinks. Buy pineapple, banana, papaya and make your own smoothies. I would say my favorite apt is the upper one because of the decks and views. It was hot while we were there, but there are plenty of fans and when we turned them on and our apt cooled down quickly. This last visit my brother and sister and law joined us and we took over the whole house. That was a lot of fun. We each had our own space and bath but could share decks and patios. Stefano is very attentive and helpful. He still doesn't do credit cards so you have to wire money to secure your deposit. It really isn't that big of a hassle and definitely worth it!! I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Abbyann, it has been our pleasure to have you and your Family again here at the Colibri House. I was worried because of the weather but I am happy that you had a nice stay and I appreciate your review!!! I am also sure that many friends of Tripadvisor will appreciate it too!!! I am looking forward to see you again! Stefano
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We loved this place. The location was perfect... right on the beach, and close enough to the action to walk in just a couple of minutes, but still far enough away that it wasn't noisy. You can hear the waves crashing down from the balcony, and can even take a nap in the hammocks out there. It's perfectly relaxing.

The owners are extremely friendly, and go above and beyond in their attempts to be helpful, and to make your stay enjoyable. Any concerns or questions we had, Stefano was on top of it immediately. The resident neighbors were friendly, and always greet us warmly when we saw them. One was even nice enough to offer us a ride home one night as he drove past us on the street (though we were heading out for a drink, so we didn't accept).

This is more of a vacation rental than a hotel. That's exactly what we were after, because it really made our stay feel more authentic. It felt more like a home away from home than a sterile hotel room. If you are after a pristine place where someone makes your bed and empties the trash every day, this probably isn't for you. But if you're interested in feeling like you have a summer home in Placencia... this is your place.

Room Tip: We used the 2nd/3rd floor apt. While I didn't see the 1st floor apt, I would definitely recomme...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hi All! This is the first time I am answering to every Guest/Friend who have reviewed us in this Magic site called Tripadvisor. A Magic link that connect Rental Business, Travelers and Tourists of the whole Earth... Thank to All of you and to Tripadvisor our little business, the Colibri House has prospered for years being able to survive also in recent difficult times because of the terrible Global Economical meltdown... It has been taught to everybody but maybe all of us have reached to the end of that tunnel that badly hit many nice Families. I have always thought about all of you hoping that the nice people who have picked up our vacation rental to enjoy their holidays could make it as we have been able to make it until now. I am sincerely grateful to all of you... Now possibly all of us will have to fight again against new Economical Challenges plus the Global change of the weather, so weird and unpredictable here in Belize as in the rest of the World. But I am sure that all of us will be blessed and we will make it again!!! I have always thought that the Karma strongly linked to the Colibri House was good for us and for our Guests/Friends and I hope He helped you as He helped us... Just a thought after so many years (14...) I started this business with Nicoletta, when nobody here or at home in Italy could even think we could make it... I wanted to share it with All of you but now it is better if I will post it right the way!!!! If not I won't be so brave to do it!!!!!!!! ;o)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the upstairs apartment. I would give the room a five but the upstairs gets uncomfortably hot during the day. But who stays in thier room all day in Placencia? Either way I absolutely loved staying at the Colibri house. The best things about Colibri house is Stefano and staff. They were very accomodating without being overbarring or intrusive. I highly value cleanliness,safety and privacy all of which Colibri house provided. The room is decorated with a unique blends of local and international art and decor This gives the property a spirit that is hard to find in a guesthouse. It is located near the end of the village close to shops, bars and eateries. The view from the bedroom is amazing! Hammocks are available on the first level for lazy days and the cool breeze from the ocean is divine. Stefano goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. He responded to emails very quickly which made is easy to reserve a room and ground transportation. I highly recommend staying at Colibri perfect for solo traveler, excellent for couples and families.

• Stayed September 2013

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I decided to take a sort of last minute trip to Placencia and looked up to see the best places to stay. Colibri was very high on the list and I read all of the reviews about Stefano....and they were all right on! The house is very clean and really right on the beach. Stefano greeted me right away and spent over an hour with me talking about what to do in the Placencia, where to eat and then kept on checking in on me throughout the week as I was traveling by myself. Follow everything he says to do and who to go through. He knows the best of Placencia for sure!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DesertFlowerTraveler

Yuma, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I decided to take a guy's trip across Belize, with the last three days close to the village of Placencia. We needed a room with two beds to lay our weary heads after a long travel schedule. We arrive at Colibri House and we pleasantly surprised my a warm and wonderful gentleman (Stefano) who let us into our accomodation. It was perfect. Every morning I would run down to the sea on our own little beach area and hop in to start my day. It was within a short walking distance to the Barefoot Bar, local shops and restaurants. We had our vehicle so getting in and out for our trip up to Dangriga, Cockscomb, Hopkins, etc for our daily adventures was also easy. I am planning on coming back down in the winter with my wife and I am hoping that there will still be availability for that trip. Way to go Stefano !!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank davidhall2000

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed by myself at Colibri House and loved it. Felt safe at all times. It`s just by the beach, near everything in the village.
Stefano is very helpful and nice, gave me a lot of tips of places to go, eat, go shopping. I would recommend Colibri House to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo