All reviews lagoon side resident parrot minute walk to the beach golf cart place to stay local homes full kitchen monkey river tour with percy nice cabanas cook meals snorkeling fishing rent bikes grocery store queen bed floor fan the north end no air conditioning
Reviewed February 11, 2019

I Can't say enough about the scuba trip we had! Arthur and the team took us out to Silk Caye and it was incredible. The three of us were a little nervous but Arthur made us feel so comfortable and was so responsive to us. I highly recommend Captain Jak's! The team also gave us honest information and advice as we had many questions about the area and other adventures.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

I booked into to scuba with Captain Jaks and it was amazing! The guys that brought us out, Nick, Norman, and Moses were such a great time and really made the day a blast. They were all very helpful. Moses was a great instructor and made sure I felt really comfortable and safe. I couldn’t have asked for a better day!! I will definitely be back to Captain Jaks!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Going to the Catskills as a kid, the Captain Jaks reminds me of the Bungalow colony I summered in. Clean, spacious, nice clean equipped full size kitchen and a simple bathroom. Plus Wifi (which was not a dream back then). Had use of a pool. Fans, No A/C. Friendly staff. Big help doing my laundry.
Enjoyed visiting my friend Oliver the African grey and his new buddy the rabbit.
Lots of water sports available. All rooms getting upgrades, refurbishments.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Captain Jak's B, Manager at Captain Jak's Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Now, we also got AC in the Cabanas as a part of the upgrades we are doing at Captain Jak's. Hopefully you will stay with us again, Management

Reviewed September 5, 2018

The cabana was great. Very clean. Bugs are always an issue at such places, though. ery friendly owners, they allowed us to check-in late at night when we arrived. They also had a summer special, and was very economical. It is also located on the lagoon side, so very quite. Enjoy your morning coffee with the view of the lagoon.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I spent 2 nights here and I have to say the staff are so friendly! Selina was accommodating, kind and made us feel at home. We stayed in a cute little cabana that was well equipped with a queen bed, and a well stocked kitchen. My only complaint is that there was no air conditioning! Being that it is summer in Belize it is Hot Hot Hot! If you are not used to the heat do not choose this type of accommodation. There are units with a/c that you could choose instead. We had 2 floor fans and a ceiling fan but still found it difficult to sleep.

We rented a golf cart from Captain Jak’s and toured the northern part of the peninsula. Selina recommended we go to Belize Ocean Club which is a lovely resort on the ocean with a great pool where we spent a few hours enjoying a drink, the view and cooled down. bicycles are also available to rent. We also booked the Monkey River Tour with Percy and that was a great day looking for howler monkeys, crocodiles, watch the manatees and see the rivers and mangroves. Bring your bathing suit and a towel as you can hop into the river or ocean to cool down.

Captain Jak’s is on the lagoon side. It has a wonderful dock to watch the sunset or just watch people living on the river move about.

Captain Jak’s is located near the north end of the village right across from a supermarket and beside a coffee/smoothie shop. It is an easy to walk (or bike) to the village along the road of watch 2 minutes to hit the sidewalk and walk that way. Very Good location!

Laundry services are available for $15bz a load.. cheap !!

We would definitely return to Captain Jak’s in a unit with a/c. Thanks for your hospitality!

Date of stay: July 2018