I have just returned from one of the most amazing weeks of my life! My daugher wanted a destination wedding and chose Chabil Mar Villas as the site after much research. All of my worries and concerns just disappeared with each and every day there. We were greeted at the airport and transported to the property. All of the necessary paperwork for the wedding certification was available the moment my daugher and fiance stepped off the plane. The arrangement of the villas allowed the guests to be part of all of the activities, but separate enough to have some privacy during the week. Two beautiful pools provided plenty of space for our party as well as other guests on the site. Robert, the property manager, and the entire staff catered to our every need with smiles and shared excitement! They took care of scheduling guided activities and expeditions. They made recommendations about places to visit in the village. Robert even took my daughter and fiance into the village to preview some of the places to visit. Daily we were able to order delicious and reasonably-priced food and beverages and have them delivered promptly to our rooms, the porches, the beach or wherever we requested. On the morning of the wedding, staff members scurried about to prepare the pier location of the wedding by decorating it with gorgeous flowers and lush greenery from the site. Fully participating in the effort was Diane, the property developer! The veranda where the reception was held was also beautifully decorated. The veranda was arranged in such a way as to give the feel of complete privacy for our special event. The reception meal was amazing! Most of the items such as the seafood, vegetables, and fruits were from Placencia, served fresh and presented artistically. During our stay my daughter and guests could avail themselves of on-site manicures, facials, massages, etc. At no time did I have any concerns about the safety or security of anyone/anything. Before we arrived, I was mentally prepared that some details of a destination wedding would have to be overlooked or short-changed, but I can truly say they thought of everything - and more! My only negative emotion from the entire experience is the mother-of-the-bride guilt because Chabil Mar made the wedding experience so very easy for me and for everyone. Basically, all that we did was show up and enjoy ourselves for days! I highly recommend Chabil Mar as the site for a wedding or for a visit to Belize. They will make your stay an amazing one from start to finish!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia