My husband and I stayed at Chabil Mar the second week of April and had the most wonderful stay. After staying on Ambergris, we welcomed the laid-back and peaceful atmosphere of Chabil Mar. The most impressionable traits of Chabil Mar are the staff. ALL were so pleasant and friendly, so accommodating. Jason, Bernard, Deshaun, Darren, just to name a few, are just some reasons that everyone should stay here!! Having a team like this certainly makes a difference when traveling somewhere you've never been. They all made our trip that much more perfect. The grounds are simply beautiful, very tropical and well maintained. We loved the town of Placencia, some great restaurants to visit (Rumfish, Wendy's, The Secret Garden, Tipsy Tuna), and just a short stroll on the beach into town from CM. Or take the bikes for a nice ride into town, however be careful at night as we almost got runover by a crazy driver! The dock is perfect to relax and soak up the sun, you might even need to sip on a ginger mojito to keep you cool :)
If you want to go on any excursions, Jason is the best source and he will arrange anything for you! He is very knowledgeable and connected with the community so he's got the inside scoop.
When researching hotels for our trip, I relied heavily on Trip Advisor reviews of Chabil Mar and only read great things. Our experience blew our expectations out of the water! One minor detail to be aware of is it is super kid friendly, so just be mindful of the rooms right next to the pools if that's not the kind of trip you are on.
Can't wait to come back to Chabil Mar!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia