All reviews full kitchen washer and dryer golf cart honeymoon suite monkey river tour with percy barefoot bar tipsy tuna private deck shuttle service placencia village free bikes destination wedding close to town howler monkeys the entire staff resort is beautiful mayan ruins
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Chabil Mar is as lovely as advertised. From the first contact with reservations to the last goodbyes the staff are as friendly, gracious and professional everytime. The rooms are huge and well appointed. The resort is spotless and the food is as good as the reviews state. We visited during spring break and the resort seemed virtually empty during the day but there was a host of families with small children. This may have been not the norm but may be a concern for honeymooners or older couples wanting quiet time around the pool. The children were around especially early in am and at dinner time.

Room tip: Rooms around the second pool were quieter than the main pool which has more shallow stairs for kids.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

All the reviews that are written for Chabil Mar are very true! Believe it! I just want to add a comparison to Turtle Inn. My family stayed at Chabil Mar and my friends stayed at Turtle Inn. I felt very bad for my friends because they got eaten alive by lots of different bugs and they had no A/C. We were suppose to stay with them but they had no availability...thank goodness! We went to the monkey river and my buddy pulled out his binoculars and out jumped a 2"cockroach, that came from his hut from Turtle Inn. Everyone screamed, including him! I found a gecko in our room that my wife made me catch but other than that, no bugs at Chabil Mar. Over all... 5 star service (out of 5 stars), very clean room and pool. Had so much fun that I did not know they had a fitness center and did not take advantage of the spa service.

Room tip: Anything ocean front is great. All rooms are good size.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a great laid back resort perfect for families. The service and staff are stellar. Great outings - monkey river and snorkeling - conveniently depart from the dock located across the street. The food is really great and varied. Going into town is easy via shuttle or by renting a golf cart. We loved Rumfish in town for dinner. Placencia is remote but lovely and worth the extra flight.

1  Thank ChicagoAmy60657
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I met the marketing manager for this property a year ago and he said, "Try Chabil Mar...I think you will like it. Well, Larry, all I can say is....nothing is left out! We were finishing up a 3 week trip to Belize and had never been to Placencia. Covered in bug bites from our jungle excursions, we were happy to rest up here. They have bug control and it works.We did we not get new bug bites. I have never been anywhere in Belize that is as bug free. We did not take any tours, we were there for 3 days of rest and relaxation. We never ate anywhere else. The food was to die for. We tried every shrimp dish they had and they all were delicious. The coconut shrimp appetizer was the best! The staff was all A+. The condo we were in was upstairs with a sea view. The beds were great the décor was wonderful, and the beach was immaculate. The pools were the best I have ever swam in because they were not too cold and long. The walk to town was perfect! The washer and dryer were a life saver. We can't wait to go back.!

Room tip: upstairs condos are quieter
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We could not have been any more impressed with our experience at Chabil Mar. Staff are courteous, friendly, and cater to your every need, and some you are not even aware of. We highly recommend this resort to any and all. Thank you Chabil Mar!!! Michael and Erin

Room tip: Villa 1!!!!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple