“Beautiful vacation”
Review of Chabil Mar

Chabil Mar
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Chabil Mar for my sister's destination wedding! When we first arrived we were greeted with drinks and cold towels, and then taken to our beautiful accommodations! The staff went out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed-including steaming the wrinkles out of my dress for the wedding. The resort is so gorgeous and quaint! The staff also went out of their way to make sure all the details were in order for my sister's wedding. I would highly recommend staying at the Chabil Mar or having your wedding there! It was paradise!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

There isn't a single word that accurately describes the experience at Chabil Mar. Awesome, amazing, beautiful, wonderful, stunning, and I could go on and on. From the moment we landed at the Maya airport until the day we left, the experience is one that my wife and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. The staff is outstanding, all of them! They go out their way to insure that the guest has left all worries behind them. The grounds are incredible! The groundskeepers are working constantly to maintain the lush environment which not only serves to be a delight for the eyes, but also serves as a habitat for birds, geckos, and iguanas. Stroll along the beach and you may see a stingray or even starfish. The concierge will do what she can to insure you have a great time on any excursions you may plan. The front desk will cater to your request for a bicycle, a golf cart, or even to simply answer you questions. The chef and his team are top notch. Chabil Mar is located a short distance from Placencia which is really a wonderful place to go and experience the culture of Belize. The people are simply amazing and I would venture to say it wont be long before Belize becomes the number 1 happiest place in the world. Sure hope that my wife and I get the chance to return to Chabil Mar, a place where you arrive as a stranger and leave with new friends.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I went to Chabil Mar on our honeymoon and we cannot wait to go back every year! The location was absolutely beautiful with amazing infinity pools right on the beach. The accommodations were warm and elegant and the staff made the room ready for us to begin our honeymoon with very special personal touches (i.e. flower petals, swan towels, etc...). The food was incredible and we could get it delivered to wherever we were on the premises, even the pier with candles and wine on our final evening. We participated in many of the wonderful activities that Chabil Mar offers. The fishing was epic and the guide (Eworth) was supreme! We visited islands off the coast (Sapodilla Islands) that were reminiscent of a post card with the crystal water and the white sand beaches. The Monkey River tour with Percy is definitely something to sign up for as well! We also enjoyed the zip line and the cave tubing :-) Between the staff, the fascinating town (visit the Secret Garden and the Barefoot Bar), and the supreme accommodations (Chabil Mar is one of very few resorts that offer air conditioning in all of the units!!!!), my husband and I have found a treasure that we cannot wait to revisit on each anniversary!

Room Tip: Every room is a terrific room :-)
1  Thank Meagan D
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Beautiful location, perfect for a wedding! A superb staff who will acccomodate anything you may need. The food was delicious. I became addicted to seafood chowder that was served wherever you wanted to eat whether it was in your villa, on your own porch or on the decks in or near the ocean. We now have many beautiful memories of our time with family and friends at Chabil Mar. I am so happy to have been to such a wonderful place. We came for a wedding which was touching and precious with an evening dinner on the beach which was absolutely elegant. We also found time to go zip lining, tubing on a river and took a 3 hour drive to see the Mayan Ruins. The guys went spear fishing and brought home a 39 lb snapper which Chabil Mar staff prepared for us for dinner. I could go on... Suffice it to say you really should go there, you will love it! (And you can drink the water!)

Room Tip: Second story in the villa nearest the ocean, facing the ocean offered a gorgeous view even if it was...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mrs60minutes
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently got married at Chabil Mar and had a dream wedding and vacation. I'm still pinching myself to see if it really happened. From the moment we walked onto the premise until the moment we left we were treated as if we were royalty. The staff was absolutely incredible. They were so attentive, detail oriented, friendly, kind, and everything you could ask for. The accommodations were 5 star. We had 25 people come with us to celebrate our wedding and every single person walked away saying this was one of the nicest places they had ever stayed. We felt like it was our own little resort...we hardly noticed anyone else staying there which to me was especially nice. It was like we were staying in a secret botanical garden. Quiet, peaceful, clean, beautiful, and the best staff I've ever experienced. We highly recommend this place and hope to one day go back to Chabil Mar. I really can't say enough good things about the place!! I promise you won't be disappointed...especially those brides out there. Althea was incredible to work with!!

1  Thank Mackenzie f
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Chabil Mar is a composed of a set of beautifully designed villas on a relatively small resort property about a 5 minute golf cart or 15 minute walk outside of the village of Placencia. The rooms are well-appointed and include unexpected amenities like washer/dryers and fully stocked kitchens. The staff are extremely friendly and work hard to satisfy any request. The only drawbacks were that the resort often feels more like a timeshare property than a resort hotel with limited staff and a limited set of activities/meals for the full-time guest expecting daily adventures and a regular variety of breakfasts and dinners. The other drawback which does not factor into the rating above is that Placencia itself has a limited number of things to do for the more active vacationer and is more ideal for sedate "beach bums" than eco-tourists, adventure-seekers, avid fisherman/divers.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are better appointed
4  Thank MDWandering83
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent the first 10 days of our new life together at this fantastic property! Gorgeous views, ocean steps away from suite, good food, extremely friendly and helpful staff, very private, spacious and very comfortable suites! Two items we wanted to do on our trip were to go scuba diving, and horesback riding....AND DID! We looked for romantic, tropical, luxurious accomodations, breathtaking views, a private and quaint setting (NOT your "cookie cutter" desitnation.) Chabil Mar delivers on every item....simply gorgeous property and a honeymoon we will NEVER forget! My wife and I would like to thank ALL the staff for making our stay unforgettable!!!