My husband and I spent 4 nights here in one of the one bedroom suites, in Dec. 2012. We had been to Placencia before, as well as other places in Belize, but this was our first stay at Laru Beya. We chose this partly because of a Groupon offer, for which I felt we got a really good rate for the space.
The rooms are very large, with a separate bedroom and living room area. There is a full kitchen with all of the appliances you would need to cook a full meal (which we did a couple times). Our room included a balcony that spanned both the bedroom and the living room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is average; we did have some difficulty getting hot water for a few days, but as the title of this review states, it really wasn't worth complaining about.
Unfortunately we visited during a rainy patch of days, so we spent more time in the room than I anticipated! I can attest that there are plenty of TV channels, and also our room had a bookshelf with a stack of magazines and books you could borrow. When the weather cleared up though, there was plenty to do around the ground; mini golf, kayaks, great pool, free bikes to ride into town, and a beach to lounge on.
We ate a couple meals at the resort and were very pleased with the food and the service. One night it was raining so hard, that the owner told us his staff couldn't make it in that night, but he offered to drive us to the resort next door for dinner instead. We agreed, but then before we left some of the staff was able to make it and we ended up staying there. However, we were very impressed with the thoughtfulness of the offer.
Overall I would definitely recommend this property to almost anyone. It is great for couples, families, older travelers, and independent travelers. For ourselves, we missed being in Placencia proper, and would consider staying in town again next time we visit. But, if you are okay with the location being a little bit out of town this is a fantastic spot to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laru Beya is an exclusive, midsize resort located on seven acres of lush gardens and beachfront property in southern Belize. We have the amenities of a large resort with the service and attention to detail of an exclusive villa. We offer a wide variety of rooms including ocean and garden view, and two and three bedroom villas that include living and dining rooms and full kitchens. Also available are penthouse rooms and villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Laru Beya Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Hotel Placencia
- Laru Beya Resort And Villas
- Laru Beya Hotel
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Belize/Placencia