“The cabana is so comfortable”
Review of Seaspray Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Placencia
Seaspray Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Oregon
“The cabana is so comfortable”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I booked the cabana at the Seaspray and loved it. We were just yards off the ocean. Our front veranda had hammock, table and chairs perfect for reading, eating, or relaxing. The room had a fridge,microwave, and hotplate which allowed us to fix breakfast. All in all we really enjoyed the Seaspray.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff OK. Room 19 with private balcony faces ocean. I think good value for the area. Just the right distance from noise at Tipsy Tuna bar. Walking distance to town center.
Be advised that sometimes noisy youth groups stay here. Avoid the nearby ' De Tatch' restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the only hotel on the strip with a snack bar listed - De Thatch. Our room was pleasant with a nice view of the water and a small balcony with a hammock, which was heaven. The beach is really great, palms for shade and yellow sand. AC in the room was noisy and we eventually shut it off, leaving us a bit hot in cheap polyester sheets. However, the price was absolutely right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was there August 2012. We got a banging deal for booking during the low season. We were moved to a smaller room without a view b/c the A/C in our room was down- but we didn't care that we were moved. The price of the room went down even more, it had A/C, 2 double beds, a fan, a fridge, towels- everything you would need. It wasn't very spacious but then again, we were only in our room to sleep or shower/change. I loved that we were right on the beach. It's not a glamorous hotel but it's got everything you need & it's in a great location. I plan on coming back in a few months and staying here again! I loved Placencia!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

SeaSpray has some of the best prices you can find in Placencia. I was traveling with my sister and 2 friends and we stayed in their 2nd smallest rooms. Though the rooms were small by American standards, it really made absolutely NO difference. The room had 2 double beds and a hot/cold shower as well as a refrigerator that more than met our needs.

I also want to make a special mention of Hubert. He was the Sunday groundskeeper and he was incredibly friendly to us! We asked him to help us find some coconuts with coconut juice in them which he did with much effort and then he helped us cut them open to drink out of with his machete. He did all this with no expectation of a tip or other compensation - it really made my day.

I highly recommend this lodging for travelers looking to enjoy Placencia and who do not plan to just sit in their rooms and watch TV.

Room Tip: One warning: Somewhere just south of the hotel lives a person that owns an EXTREMELY annoying Dog...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Beaufort, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2013

SeaSpray Hotel is located on the northern end of Placencia, near where you enter the town. It is a nice hotel, though a bit rustic, as most hotels and rental cottages in Placencia are. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Restaurants are nearby as is a Chinese-run supermarket only one block away. The restaurant on-site, De Thatch, has reasonably good, but not what I would call great, food. However, service is slow, so leave plenty of time to order and get your meals. The hotel keeps their part of the beach clean and there are nice Adirondack-type chairs to sun in. However, along the beach - and not just in front of the hotel - there is a strip of dead seaweed. This does not impede swimming in the warm water, though. I recommend the SeaStar room. It is second-story, but that just makes for a better view. It's ocean-front, the closest room they have to the ocean (it's an "end" room). I loved the nice porch with a hammock. Note that this room has no AC, but does have a ceiling fan (the room was pleasant in March as there is usually a breeze blowing through the room, due to it's end location). All and all, the SeaSpray Hotel is an enjoyable place to stay.

Caveat: the Tipsy Tuna Restaurant is about 150 yards away and they have LOUD live music on Friday and Saturday nights (until 2 in the morning). So if you are planning on staying at the SeaSpray Hotel on a weekend, bring along earplugs.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an oceanfront room. Reserve plenty of time ahead to get a decent room (I reserved...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel was full, so needed up in the drivers room by the ice machine, with no air flowing into the room. They actually gave me ripped up towels, and a fan that hardly worked. Trust me when I say the hotel could have been a nice experience, but only if you had a decent room. Don't book without knowing what room you will get. People at desk are not friendly. There looks to be many options in Placencia that would offer a better experience. The front desk when I asked for a beach towel actually said since I was in room 2 I get an old towel, while the people in seafront rooms get a nice towel. I would not recommend hotel.

Room Tip: Only book hotel if you can get decent room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo