We were looking for a place to relax and soak in Maya Beach and unfortunately Maya Breeze Inn provided exactly the opposite. Every night we were kept awake until an average time of 3:00am by the radio playing "just another gringo in belize" excessively loud and the poolside bar participants talking even louder so they can hear each other over the music.
It is unfortunate that Maya Breeze Inn has become a local party place. Not that we have a previous experience with Maya Breeze Inn but from the sounds of it, Maya Breeze Inn has not always been this way. The pool was installed earlier this year, as was the poolside bar, and I believe this is what has brought about the changes in atmosphere.
We stayed in room C and were assured it had a ocean view....needless to say you can not see the ocean nor can you even hear it during the night over the pool side bar. We had dead cockroaches in our kitchen cabinets, live ones every night in the bathroom, and a huge lizard or something crawling in our ceiling two nights. We tolerated the music by laying restless in our bed the first two nights. The third night I had enough at 2am and finally went out to ask the owner to turn the music down. They obliged by saying we were wrapping the night up anyways...not a "sorry about that" or "we apologize for the inconvenience", etc...
The ladies that worked there were very nice and friendly and a pleasure to work with. The other staff was friendly as well. One of our “guides” had a diesel motor that leaked oil and we smelled that for 3 hours each way on our drive to the zip line. We both got a little sick and I think it was from the exhaust (carbon monoxide poisoning possibly). If you smell oil when you get in a rig and its going to be a long drive, I would suggest getting out and asking for someone else or planning a different trip.
As for trips I highly suggest the jaguar preserve with river tubing through the jungle and waterfall adventures. The zip line was great but make sure you combine it with something else as the 6 hr total drive time is too much for just the zip line.
In summary…I would not suggest maya breeze inn unless you want a place to party on the beach. I am sorry to say it but we would not stay there again and I am very disappointed with our experience at Maya Breeze Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maya Breeze Inn is located on the Placencia Peninsula in Maya Beach, Belize, Central America. Maya or Tropic Air Airlines service the Placencia area several times a day or you can rent a car and drive from Belize City. The Inn consists of four beach cabins (for a total of five units) facing the Caribbean sea, a main lodge with the Inn's office and four guest rooms on the Placencia Lagoon, all with air conditioning,cable tv, refrigerators, hot water, fans, lock boxes and private balconies. The Inn has internet service for those who need to check in back home.Maya Breeze Inn caters to those guests who are looking for active adventure tours. Scuba diving, snorkeling and prime fishing grounds are found only a few miles offshore. Day trips can be arranged to explore the river, jungles, bird watching, Maya ruins, cave, peninsula tour, exploration or even mountain rappelling.You can walk the beach, swim in the ocean, play beach volleyball, go kayaking, ride bicycles, moped rentals, beach bbq, or relax on our white sandy beach with a cold beverage from our Tiki Beach Bar or sway in hammock under a palm tree. Come cool off in our beautiful Pool with its spectacular waterfall. For lunch and dinner there are a variety of restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance of the Inn or choose from a variety of restaurants that provide courtesy transfers. We can also arrange transportation to Placencia to shop or dine in local restaurants.Mayabreeze inn is presently under new ownership/management and wants to invite all its clients past and present to come experience true tropical vacation with us, once again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Maya Breeze Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Breeze Hotel Placencia
- Maya Breeze Inn Belize/Placencia