All reviews pool bar karaoke night fish organic garden tennis courts huge pool renting a car min drive lounge chairs ceviche zip lining peace and quiet beautiful beach dive shop laid back golf cart maya beach
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Resort is lovely when you arrive. If you have knees or back problem rooms we got would be difficult- 3rd floor steep stairs no elevator. Room 57 avoid - it is like going to the abyss. We were climbing stairs of different buildings with luggage with bell men and he was not aware where my room is. I gave up after3 rd building and told him I insist recheck number 4 building again and he found it.
Out of 6 night housekeeping missed us 3 times.
Bath towel situation is beyond me - you do not get new towels. You call and you get information - dryer difficulties and should be delivered soon- I fell asleep waiting and woke up at 1 am - no towels. Not sure what the problem is - resort did not seem to be that busy
Room keys stop working daily which require trip to reception- so annoying
Beach towels you need to ask to get and I was told people from outside come and take them- simple solution give guests tokens for towels . No responsibility on barman.
Reception super nice people but facing complaints about above- felt sorry for them
Customer service- need to contact Zappos how to fix it and make customes happy
No hotel is perfect but you can improve the stay by excellent customer service
Housekeeping when they got to your room super good and very detailed .
Restaurant prices in american dollars - why ? i am in Belize.
It would have been 5 but above things killed some of pleasure.
C’est la vie

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2019

My friend and I visited the Placencia Resort in March 2019. From the time that we stepped off the plane, the staff from the resort provided us with exceptional service. The property itself was beautiful – immaculately maintained and gorgeous. The rooms were a bit dated (we stayed in a 2-br Villa - I'd rate these rooms a 3 out of 5), and the shower took a while to drain, but it was clean (our #1 requirement) and you could tell the staff took pride in keeping it that way. The beds were super comfy, slept amazingly. The internet was a bit spotty: we had the best luck working from the beach, which was fine, just took a couple days to figure out that the signal was better there. The food in the restaurant behind reception was great, and the waitstaff, including Victor and Claudia were amazing: always friendly, ready with suggestions, and quick to bring out our meals. In general, the staff members were always willing to go and beyond to ensure our stay was first class. We received especially exceptional service from Desean Smith, the bartender on the beach where we spent many hours. Desean always graciously greeted us, made sure that we our drinks were full, and the food was prompt. He also provided suggestions for local restaurants and things to do.
Placencia is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a low-key, relaxing getaway. The snorkeling is great, the area is safe, and the locals are lovely. Would absolutely return. One last thing to note if you’re a 1st time visitor: the Placencia Resort, though beautiful and lovely, is a bit far from the actual town of Placencia (16+KM/about 10 miles/20-25 mins by shuttle) so if you are not renting a car, you’ll have to rely on the resort shuttle, or a golf cart (which tops out at 10MPH so it can be a scenic, but lengthy trip!) to get to and from town/excursions, etc. It was perfect for us, but if you’re looking for a spot near town/the airport, this may not be it. The new local casino is on the property next door though, so easily walk-able, but there isn't much more in that direction.

Room tip: The Villas were nice, just dated - a lot of tile. Could use an update. We didn't see any other rooms in person.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Despite having to wait for pick up, check in was very smooth! Upon arrival all I received was royal treatment. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was in tact and the views were beautiful. At the Placencia Hotel you can definitely wake up to paradise!

Moreover, the food was delicious! Nevertheless, I received the wrong order and for a moment my assigned waitress seemed to have forgotten even though I informed her. I felt as if there was a shortage of staff for dinner perhaps. However, I saw the chef out and informed him that I received the wrong order. He immediately took initiative and solved the problem. I was also waiting on drinks and he tackled that too! After all this treatment made my night! Jamie made us the most delicious fish kebab and on top offered us a complimentary fruit plate for the wait that we went through! I must commend him! I would definitely return!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Paradise656797, Manager at The Placencia, a Muy'Ono Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for truly taking the time to share your candid experience with us. We are even more grateful that you saw great teamwork which resulted in you being satisfied with our services. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at 1-877-417-9179 so that we can plan your next stay.

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

If I had stayed only a week, this would be a 1 star review. However, the 2nd week was much better than the first, and it seems like they are continuously updating accommodations and slightly improving service. The housekeeping could use some work. When we arrived, among the immense amount of dust, there were 2 socks and a plate underneath the bed. They were finally removed and under the bed was swept a week into our stay. We ran out of tissues and expected the housekeepers to refill them, but after servicing the room, they ignored it. We requested tissues 3 times over 3 days and finally just grabbed some ourselves after seeing them on the housekeeping cart. Booking excursions through Muy'Ono was also a pain. They forgot about one of our bookings and we had to remind them we wanted to go, even though they had the paperwork for our booking. For another excursion, we were lucky to be able to book with Barefoot last minute since Muy'Ono didn't get the minimum # of people to go. Barefoot took just me and my wife on the tour and were happy to do it. Although not the hotel's fault, the beach water was quite dirty and not worth swimming in. Not the clear, pretty water I expected. For that, you have to take a boat quite far to one of the cayes via a snorkeling / diving tour. This was a bummer since it was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel: to enjoy the beach. Placencia village just 20 min away has swimmable water. The pool, on the other hand, was quite nice and enjoyable. The shuttle to the village that the hotel offers was a great perk as well, but the times are so far apart that we avoided going some times simply because we didn't want to spend all day there. The drivers were all great and very friendly, especially Gabriel, Ricky, and Roberto. Lyal at the adventure desk was also very helpful. Perhaps the biggest upset was the prices for food and drinks. They were almost 3 times what you would pay for food in Placencia Village and not quite as tasty. For such an expensive hotel, we expected a lot more, but they do seem to be improving constantly and will probably eventually achieve the service that matches their supposed 4 star rating.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We had a great week at The Placencia. It is quite far from town so as long as you're prepared for that and willing to take the free shuttle or a taxi into town I'd highly recommend this resort. The staff was phenomenal, friendly and very accommodating. Food was good as well. The only downside from our week was too few pool umbrellas but we were told those were on order as they had some damaged in a storm. Other than a lack of shade we had an amazing week!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for this wonderful review and despite the lack of shade we are happy that you had a chance to relax and enjoy our property. As a side note yes those umbrellas are in and we hope that you get a chance to enjoy them on your next visit.