“Pleasure”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Sudbury, Canada
“Pleasure”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Placencia hotel is very nice place to stay in Belize. The trees, flower and garden are beautiful. The Staff is super friendly, and give excellent service. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant considering I seen some of the staff for breakfast and the same staff at the end of the day...I think they work long hours and still have a smile on their faces. The pool is great and refreshing. Rooms are clean, everything is made out of concrete in this resort. It is very beautiful. The staff is meticulous. The beach is nice but I did not swim in the ocean. The water is turbide likely cause from the break wall. They have excellent excursion organized though the resort. I recommend snorkeling, the island paradise wishes that you had something so beautiful in Canada. Last but not least, the food was buffet and it was good. The hotel is far from the town and is safe. I would recommend this place to a friend sooner then later. I believe that when the marina and casino is built, it will be good for the business and will get very busy. I personally happy that I went to visit before the development because I like a quiet place for my holidays. The marina should be built by the residence or in front of the casino not in front of the hotel.

4 Thank gus8888
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
The Management and Staff are happy that you enjoyed yourselves at our hotel. We are making all effort to see that all our guest go home feeling the same as you.

We have taken all your recommendation and we now serve white wine to our all inclusive guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Welland, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This resort is not your average get away, its very exclusive and private. This being said it does take a full day of travel to get to this destination, including a puddle jumper small plane from Belize City to Palencia (you can see the shrimp farms from above in the plane during the 22 minute flight). But very much worth the wait to get here. I think the best part of this resort was the food, every night seemed to have a different theme for food. ie. curry flavours or asian flare etc.(always giant sized shrimp at buffet) The breakfast and lunches the same, awesome! We were so excited to eat everyday, just to see what was being served. We did not eat at the A La Cart because we heard it was basically the same food that was being served in the buffet, but without the variety. So we always did the buffet which was always located on the pier, which also lends a romantic and special feel.
The pool was beautiful and I found it to be of the perfect temperature, seemed to be heated as someone commented that it wasn't? A variety of mixed drinks and great local beer, the smoothies and frosted drinks were all made to order and served quickly and with a smile, always! I guess the only reason I would give this a 4 star rating would be the beach. If you are looking for crystal clear water your not going to get it here. The water here reminds me of swimming in one of the grat lakes, safe but murky. Although for 100$ you can go on a snorkelling trip where you catch a boat across the resort and go to a small island and snorkel for the day. Very clear water here with reef. So all in all would I come back for another trip? No because I try not to go to the same place twice, but I would recommend it to a friend.
P.S if staff could make up for a star in the star rating, this resort would be a 5 star resort

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank travelgal k
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2011

like other reviews, this place is great to totally relax and read. Sand flies are nasty ! quiet during the week but come Fri-Sun you have the residence's owners that have the use of everything you do and you are pretty much forgotten as a paying customer.ex. they are now using all seats at pool and on the beach until mid-afternoon. Food is good, not too much of a variety.. service is great. Our room "gardenview" is the older type, had ants !
Very disappointed with beach, it is not clear and swimmable,actually you are pretty brave to swim in it.. jellyfish galore, due to breakwall they have built for future building.anyway still nice to get away for Christmas.
any questions get a contact me

Room Tip: ocean view , you actually need to bend your head around corner in order to see the ocean. ocean fro...
5 Thank Archie3146
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Here is wishing you a Happy New Year. The Management and Staff of the hotel will take into consideration what you have mentioned in reference to the lack of seating area and we will do our best to make sure no one feels left out. We would like to thank you for taking out some of your time to fill in this comment.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2011

What a beautiful place, from the grounds to the rooms from the pool to the pier this place was A-1. We went the week of Dec 12 2011 and would return in a heartbeat.
The staff at Placencia Hotel were like family after a couple of days, we enjoyed the company of everyone, even bumped into a few staff in town and they were more than happy to see us there and even came over to sat Hi.
My coles notes of Placencia.
Resort 5, clean all the way through
Pool 5 Grounds 5, raked daily Location 4, the town of Placencia pretty far, US1$bus,25$cab, free on bike(1.5hrs) but restaurants/bars on the way lol
Buffet 5, never boring and alway replenished(shrimp,fish and steak)
Beach 4,even with spraying still some sand flies, lots of starfish makes up for it
Excursions 5 Many too pick from but because of distance fairly expensive,did snorkelling and worth every penny!(109$ ea US)
Drinks 5 Bottled beer and smoothes, hell ya
Entertainment 5 Local entertaineers and great karaoke singers! lmao! you know who you r
Had a great time!

6 Thank jjengelmann
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear Guest, It gives me great pleasure to see that all our efforts are paying off. The Management and Staff are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time and thanks for taking out some time so as to keep future travelers informed.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I was recently on vacation here and really enjoyed myself. The staff here are incredible and I loved the food. The organic garden was amazing to see, as was the enthusiasm of the gardener. I wrote an extensive post about my stay at The Placencia here: http://jessicablaine.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/placencia-belize-1/

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank JessicaBlaine
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
The Management and Staff would like to thank you for taking out some of your time to write about us. Your blog on the hotel was very interesting especially the part about our Organic Garden and Nicolas feels very honored.
Kingston
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Placencia Hotel is very quaint, the room we had was very nice, larger than most resort rooms. The staff are very friendly and very accommodating. The resort grounds and gardens are beautiful and are well taken care of. However, there are some things you should be aware of, this resort is right on the ocean, which is lovely, but we could not swim in the ocean as there were so many jelly fish around. The resort has a beautiful big pool, but the pool is not heated. The food is very basic, buffet style nothing special at all. If you book your vacation through a package such as Sunwing, you are allowed to visit their one specialty restaurant, once, but to our surprise there was also a "Limited" menu provided to us and we had a choice of six items only. Also, if you are a white wine drinker, forget it. I and many others requested white wine and the management didn't do anything about getting any white wine. We eventually borrowed the resort bikes and rode into a little town and bought our own white wine, but then was told by the staff that if we brought in our own white wine we would be charged a corking charge. I really felt the resort set limitations for what was suppose to be an "all inclusive resort".

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
26 Thank MastersGananoque
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thanks for taking the time out to write about us. I am happy to see you were impreesed with our staff and the gardens. I am disappointed that the week you were here the jelly fish were passing by.
Like I have mentioned in prior comments we are continually doing changes with our Sunwing Guest. The new menu is out and by no way considered Limited.
I apologize for the inconvience with the whte wine thanks for having told us we will make sure that this does not happen again.
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Southern Belize is beautiful and more lush than the islands offshore in the north..it i upscal and has the mountains only 45 minutes away plus excellent diving and the reef is still close

Room Tip: Sea View Villa
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mbras
The Management and Staff really appreciates reading of how you enjoyed your stay. I know when arriving at the outer cayes it is beyond belief. Thanks for having taken out time to share your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placencia
Robert's Grove Beach Resort
#3 of 19 in Placencia
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to The Placencia Hotel and Residences? Share your experiences!