Manatee Inn
$109
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
$319
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
$89
$170
$112
Priceline
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
$169
$89
Hatchet Caye Resort(Placencia)
$350
$333
  • Pool
All reviewssmall fridgebudget optionwould stay againgrocery storestayed nightssidewalksoapbelizeocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was impressed by the simple, yet elegant bamboo theme of the room I stayed in at the Manatee Inn in Placencia, Belize. It is one of the most affordable hotels in the area, and the cleanest and nicest one I stayed at while travelling though Central America. The hostess was very kind and accomodating, and I felt safe and comfortable there. I would recommend it to anyone travelling on a budget who is ready to stay in a place where everything feels right.

Room Tip: I am travelling alone, and stayed in the smallest room they had. It was the first time I stayed in a small room that had quality and elegance, too.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was in Belize again on business from January 30th, 2013, through February 3rd, 2013. This time I chose to stay in the beautiful and exotic beach paradise of Placencia. If you have unlimited funds, it is quite possible to spend a few hundred dollars per night for accommodations in Placencia; however, I did not wish to spend that much. I was looking for something that was very affordable, yet nice and comfortable and safe; because the more I saved on accommodations, the more I could spend on other activities. The Peninsula on which Placencia is located is very narrow, and sometimes can be as narrow as a couple hundred feet in some places, so you really don’t need to pay for beachfront accommodations when it takes only a few short minutes to walk to the beach from anywhere in Placencia. I could never understand why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars per night for beachfront accommodations in Placencia, when they could spend a small fraction of that for clean, safe, comfortable accommodations. Why would anyone spend a boatload of money on a room that they will spend limited time in? The awesome beauty and tranquility of Placencia is best experienced outdoors, not from inside a swanky resort suite. You need to walk around in the fresh open air and meander around to experience the true essence of this Caribbean jewel.

I chose to stay at the Manatee Inn, and it is a decision I’m extremely glad I made. I could not believe how ridiculously inexpensive it was to stay there; I only spent about US $40 per night, and I felt like I was robbing the proprietors. The room was very clean, safe and comfortable; there was a fan and a small refrigerator in the room. There is not really a need for air-conditioning, because the breeze from the Caribbean Sea, which is about a hundred feet away, acts as natural air-conditioning. They also offer hot & cold water, lounge chairs, hammocks and a wrap-around veranda/patio on two floors. The proprietors are wonderful, friendly people who will do anything to make your stay a memorable adventure; they take care of the property and make you feel like a welcomed addition to their family. If you need supplies, there is a supermarket a few yards from the Manatee Inn. I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars per night to stay in Placencia, when they could stay at the Manatee Inn for a small pittance, and use the savings to really enjoy all that Placencia has to offer; and trust me, Placencia has a lot to offer, but you have to be outdoors to really enjoy most of it.

Granted, if you are a millionaire with money to burn, and a penchant for showing off and telling your friends and associates how much money you throw away on nightly accommodations and how much time you spend in the in-suite Jacuzzi, then maybe the Manatee Inn is not for you; however, if you are like the rest of us who want to spend as little as possible for nice, safe, comfortable accommodations and go enjoy the awesome outdoor adventures of Placencia, then the Manatee Inn is just the place.

Whenever I return to Placencia, which I hope will be very soon, I will definitely stay at the Manatee Inn again; I just hope that there will be a vacancy to accommodate me, because when the word gets out about this place, it may be difficult to make a reservation.

Room Tip: Any room at the Manatee Inn is a good room, because you won't be spending much time in the room. Your belongings will be safe while you cavort in the outdoors in Placencia; and if you have to crash for a few hours to recharge, you will be safe and comfortable in any room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank William A
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Manatee Inn is owned by a wonderful family who were helpful and accommodating during our visit. We loved the location and found the rooms to be clean and well-maintained. This is a good deal! Next time we're in Placencia we will consider coming back to Manatee Inn!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Verity K
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We spent in Manatee inn 4 nights, this place is awesome!! Very clean, little small fridge was a very pleasant surprice which is very handy with a supermarket across the street. Location seems ti be a little bit out of town but actually is a very nice quit area with 3 minutes walking distance to the beach. Owners of this place are very friendly people always open to help you.
I would definitely recommend this place to everyone visiting Placencia!!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katerina T
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have stayed in Manattee Inn for few days and we must say that this is beautiful place to stay in. Wooden house with well decorated rooms with good beds and service. The cleanliness was perfect only in area where the fridge is few small ants were having party but we didn't get any bites from them. The hotel isn't on the beach but it's like 1 minute to get on the beach so there was no problem with that. Within 15 minutes u can walk into area where the bars and restaurants are so you are actually out of all the noises from that area which is perfect. The couple who has this hotel are friendly and helpful with all things u can just think about. They can organise good trips for u also. So in short - definitelly worth it to stay and enjoy Placencia ;)

• Stayed: April 2012