Maya Beach Hotel
$340
  • Pool
$150
$130
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
$139
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
$339
  • Breakfast included
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjaguar roommaya beachcreamsicledreamsicle houseking conchhibiscus roomjoya del markingfishhotel bistroowners johnaqua villafalse cayeevery mealbelize cityhotel guestsbeautiful beachprivate pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great location. Attentive staff and management. Well kept. This property has a variety of different accomodation options from basic to luxury. We felt right at home. Thanks also to Marlon for ironing out all the details. The Hotel will handle everything from your arrival in Belize City to departure including a helpful "meet and greet" to expedite transfer to the commuter flight, transfers to and from the Hotel, and arranging excursions. Thanks to the previous reviewers who piqued our interest in this Hotel. Don't get me started on the Bistro.

Room Tip: Contact the Hotel and let them recommend. We took "Lower D" which was a two bedroom with kitchen and jack and jill bath (shower). It has a pool shared with two other units right on the adjacent deck.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

What can be said that hasn’t been said already?

This was our second stay at the Maya Beach Hotel and like a fine wine it only improves with age. Ellen and John are the consummate hosts. They allow you to feel like family which is one of the best compliments I can offer. Their warmth rubs off as the entire staff is as friendly as the reviews repeatedly point out. The accommodations are well maintained and many of the rooms appear to have been recently upgraded. If you want to know why the beach always looks as pristine as the photos show then you will have to get up by sunrise to see the grounds being raked daily. If you want to lounge around the pool or swim in the ocean then this is the place. Here the ocean has a large area of pure sand enhancing your swimming experience.

The food is deserving of all the praise it gets. The making of the cocktails is art in motion. If a nice glass of wine is your pleasure then take a look at their immense wine storage/cooler cabinet. You most likely will find something to suit your taste. Their wines are ordered directly and shipped immediately allowing no outside elements to tamper with the grapes. Spoilage due to the elements is not a possibility here. The same cannot be said for many of the restaurants and bars in Belize.

For those seeking a laid back, friendly location I would highly recommend a stay at the Maya Beach Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I needed to get away from all the work and stress from home and I'm so glad that Maya Beach Hotel was my choice. The reviews from tripadvisor helped me out so much as I was looking for a place to relax and enjoy great food. Rating was excellent. There is just something about all the staff, they greeted you with smiles and was there to assist. While waiting for the bus, 6 employees came by with different occupation, making sure that my boyfriend and I were doing great. I enjoyed the hospitality, It is like no other... I'll certainly be back.... Thanks

Room Tip: The Jaguar room is scenic and romantic!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have just returned from our trip to the Maya Beach Hotel. It was our first time there and choose this hotel above many others on the recommendation from friends who also travelled with us. I have to say we were not disappointed in the least, what a great find. The room we stayed in was spacious (Toucan Room) with lovely views over the ocean and if your an early riser you can watch the sunrise. There is a swimming pool with decking & sun loungers if you don't fancy a dip in the ocean. The bar & restaurant also offer fantastic views of the ocean/beach. There is something for all to choose from on the menu or there are daily specials on offer. We tried our best to order something different each time ( we ate here several times) and I must say each dish packed a punch with flavours and was yummy, yummy, yummy. I put on quite a bit of weight. Now that may have had something to do with the extensive wine list on offer which I must confess we tried a few different bottles during our evenings there. Great choice of wines with a very knowledgable host Ellen. John her husband is the head chef what a match. So to conclude all I can say if you want rest & relaxation along with excellent food & wine then Maya Beach Hotel is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just back from a week's stay at the Flip Flop Palace at the Maya Beach Resort. The accommodation was perfect for us. Small cottage right next to the main building. Upstairs with only storage below, right on the beach with great views. Full kitchen (no dishwasher), living room with new sectional sofa, bedroom with louvered wall for privacy, comfortable bed, wraparound deck on three sides, hammock, bath with shower only. While the cottage is not luxurious, we found it very comfortable with everything we needed including beach towels and mats and enough kitchen gear to fix simple meals when we wanted to eat in.

The staff at Maya Beach Resort could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Ellen and John have made service a real priority. The Bistro had by far the best food around with very friendly service.

We couldn't pick up the wi-fi signal in the cottage but had great internet access in the bar and restaurant for keeping in touch with family and work.

Resort is in a quiet area but only a short drive to Placencia for shops and other restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Flip Flop has a great unobstructed ocean view, is very private but right next door the the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple