“Awesome food, drinks and crew!!”

Mojo Lounge & Bartique
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome food, drinks and crew!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Be sure to visit this cool little lounge for some outstanding food (best I've had in Central America) great drinks and an even better crew for an awesome evening. Quality of the food by far does not match the cheap prices!! Hit it!!

Visited May 2014

“Cute restaurant on the second floor located”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice and cosy restaurant in the centre of Placencia.
Friendly staff that gave us a free cocktail.
Great food and not that expensive.

It's tourist focused and not really a local restaurant.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great cocktails and food”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had dinner one night at Mojo, but If we had been staying closer to Placencia Town, I think we would have had several more meals there. We sat outside on the small balcony, which has a great view of the main road. The cocktail list was extensive, and the ones we tried (I think mine was the Walk of Shame with tequila) were excellent. My boyfriend and I both had fish that was delicious. The staff was very friendly, and tried to convince us to stay for karaoke, which we had to sadly turn down because of an early morning snorkeling trip the next day. The atmosphere of the restaurant is loungey, but not in a pretentious way, and the BF really enjoyed the chalkboard comments in the men's bathroom.

One tip- the restaurant is cash only.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Wow.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The first thing worth mentioning is the service. When we went there, they didn't have any diet drinks. So, without us asking, they sent someone all the way to a convenience store down stairs to buy some. When we ordered our appetizers they were out in under five minutes. Then there was the food. Oh my gosh the food. First of all it was beautifully plated. I ordered the coconut crusted catch of the day ( flounder). It was so fresh, there was not a hint of that fishy flavor. I tried my grandma's beer battered catch of the day. FANTASTIC. This was one of the best meals I have ever had

Dangriga, Belize
“Mojo's. Good for the Mojo!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Located almost all the way down the main street and close to Main Dock, it would be one of the first places you would find as you walk north from the dock on the right. This second floor establishment is above a gift shop. Look for the Lime Green clapboard with Dark Brown to Black trim (signage as well). Climb the stairs to the left hand side of the building you enter into a vast room with a bar in the center. Funky artwork on the walls give it a very cool feel. A few 4 tops are set along the wall leading out to the covered porch where patrons sit at the railing overlooking the street below. I was greeted by Alisha, the manager and seated on the porch. She engaged me in some chit-chat about my activities which made me feel at home and relaxed. I would have preferred to bring a companion to get a broader taste of the menu offerings but had to settle for an appetizer and main of fresh Grouper filet done in their Chili Lime sauce with Cilantro Rice and side salad. Both dishes had a little heat but were well balanced so as not to overwhelm the old taste buds. Service was top notch and I would highly recommend this place to all. Pricing is moderate compared to many of the other restaurants in the village but worth it for the view of street life below and a lively atmosphere.

1 Thank ChapWehrle