“Best fish ever”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had dinner here with another couple we met at our hotel. We ate outside on the balcony facing out into the street which was actually pretty fun. The place was one of the more crowded but it didn't seem to delay us from being seating or our service.
They have an extensive cocktail menu that allows you to try several unique drinks. Everyone enjoyed their food. I don't even remember what everyone else had because I was so pleased with my own meal. I had the coconut crusted lionfish and I must say that it may very well be the best fish I've ever had. It was delicious!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Mojo Lounge has a young, hip atmosphere and excellent mixed drinks. The food is mostly great; I the desserts are the only thing that falls short. The indoor area has dance music (not too loud) and air conditioning; the narrow balcony sometimes features live music. The owner and the wait staff are charming and attentive. This is a fun place to go with friends and a great place to meet new people. It features a mix of tourists and locals of all ages.

1  Thank Ellen I
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by friends in the village, mojo provided our group a fine menu of cocktails, starters, and entrees plus daily specials with great presentation as well as taste. Had no room for dessert though they souded appealing. We enjoyed the intimate ambient lighting from inside while live music played on the deck.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Sure took me a long time to get around to writing this review, but I felt this place deserves some praise ! I was in Placencia in Dec 2013 staying at the Placencia hotel which had an excellent dining facility in its own right, but you can't compare to the ambiance that this little village restaurant provides. This was my first time in Belize and I didn't know what to expect, so I chose to stay at a hotel that I thought was secure. My first night into the village a local had recommended trying out Mojos if I wanted good food. So traveling down the village lane we came upon this place which is accessed by a small flight of stairs, at first impression although it was clean and well decorated (being at some of the bars/restaurants earlier in Placencia you could tell this place had a woman's touch ) it felt like you were in someone's house. We were met by our host and came to find out owner Erin and requested to be seated on the strip patio. Talking to Erin we came to know that she was a Canadian expat from Toronto and had ventured out here and now just started her own biz. We asked Erin to just surprise us with something that was considered a more of a local dish, what a great call, I had a white fish and it was delicious ! I wish I could remember the name now, as I took the 25 min cab ride into town on 2 other occasions to have dinner at Mojos. It isn't just the food, the friendliness of the owner and staff, live music was fantastic, and sitting out over the village stroll on a warm carribean night will be memory I won't soon forget. When in Placencia you have to try this place !

Reviewed March 19, 2014

A chance meeting with Julian (bartender and waiter) and then with Erin as we were walking the sidewalk in Placencia led us to Mojo's this evening! Our party of 6 had a very difficult time choosing from the 4 pages of specialty cocktails so we sampled many of them! Appetizers of rice noodles, bruschetta and shrimp were perfect starters to the meal. Red snapper was the fish of the day! Blackened or with a lime caper butter sauce were delightful! The accompanying cilantro rice was nicely seasoned and flavored. The cashew pesto pasta with shrimp was creamy and delicious. don't forget the dessert if you. Are looking for a taste of so thing sweet! The only down side.... No coffee after dinner..... But well key that slide! We met Marta the exec. Chef and were delighted to have the acquaintance. Live music on the deck was a special treat!

1  Thank chezdarcy