“Our favorite restaurant in Placencia!”

Mojo Lounge & Bartique
Ranked #9 of 77 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We ate her 3 times during our stay in Placencia and each meal was delicious. The owner shops for local ingredients daily so you're all but guaranteed a fresh and tasty meal. They also have an elaborate and fun list of cocktails. You MUST try Mojo's if you're visiting Placencia!

1  Thank ROtraveler1

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurants in general in Placencia and Mojos was the best. We ate there twice and both times the service and food was great. We were greeted and chatted up the owner. She is incredibly friendly and gave us great suggestions. She even suggested other restaurants to try in town.

It is located on the second story of a small building. The restaurant itself is small, like most restaurants in Placencia. We sat outside not he balcony the first time. This isn't a typical balcony you would think of at a restaurant. We sat in a line at the railing overlooking the main street of town. Very different and very charming.

I had the coconut crusted fish of the day and it was excellent. Their drink section of the menu is just as large as the food section. I did my best to try as many as possible. Each of them was as good as the other.

We were here mostly for work (with a little play) and Mojos was a great place to unwind after a long day.

Placencia is a sleepy town, so don't expect crazy bars and clubs. The restaurants are surprisingly good. We were told Placencia is the place in Belize for foodies. Most of the restaurants and bars are owned by expats from the US and Canada. Mojos fits right in to that. Owned by Canadian sisters, it is filled with character, strong drinks, and great food. A

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Mojos Lounge is a quaint little restaurant/lounge with a fabulous menu, my meal of snapper encrusted with coconut batter and will rice & veggies was fantastic.

Owner Erin Park is welcoming and friendly making each and every patron feel special and her staff are pleasant & friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and will definitely enjoy a cold drink and meal at Mojos again in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was given the suggestion to have dinner at Mojo by a local on my most recent visit to Placencia this past New Years. As I was travelling alone, I went to dinner solo and was pleasantly surprised to see people hanging out on the terrace and the soft and soulful music coming from the restaurant as I walked up the street. The interior was inviting, cozy and had a great atmosphere, I definitely didn't feel I would lonely throughout dinner.

I chose to sit on the terrace and was thrilled with my choice. Everything from the service, cocktails (which were creative and delicious!) to the music, company of other guests to the food were spot on. I have a gluten and dairy allergy as well as cannot handle many spices, but the chef made me my own Fish of the Day with no complaints and it was delicious! When I travel I find it most challenging to find places that will accommodate my health needs and well the server at Mojo went as far to even telling me which alcohols they had on hand were gluten free!

After my first visit, I was so impressed I even went back three more times during my stay, including New Years Eve!

One of my favourite touches was the live singer, Karl whose voice is so soft and add such a nice feel to the place! Erin is an amazing host and will ensure to give you any tips and advice for your stay as well as welcome you to the Placencia family!

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place caught our eye for being something other than beach bar cuisine and for the fact that they take pride in using fresh local ingredients and suppliers. NIce vibe, lots of drink selections, very friendly and attentive service. Will definitely be back!