“Long wait”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 30, 2014

They were having a off night. Their ribs needed extra time, then their rice was out and addtional time was needed for that. But they were super nice and it was very relaxing just hanging out in the hammocks with some supermarket purchased beers.

1  Thank Sandra K

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The next time I know of someone going to Belize I'm telling them to visit Placencia just for this place. Best street styled food I've ever eaten, this couple know how to cook. Incredible tastes, this simple bbq set up had us coming back again and again. The ribs were out of this world and the fried cookie dough had me dribbling wanting more. I'm actually annoyed I've experienced food like this because it's ruined any other bbq meal I'll ever have! Find this place, crack open a few beers and let your mouth visit heaven.

2  Thank m_dunn71
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Lovely couple running a great restaurant! We had bbq chicken and home made baked beans and went 2 days in a row! The prices are so reasonable and the food is great! It is like dining at a friends house, very comfortable. They make and awesome rum punch and the fried cookie dough dessert is amazing!

1  Thank materialgirl719
Reviewed March 22, 2014

A just-off-the sidewalk, and yes, in his yard ... this "restaurant" boasts the finest BBQ chicken on the peninsula! Get there early if you want grilled shrimp or snapper!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were told the ribs just ran out and a new batch of chicken was getting put on the smoker. To wait and it would be another 30 minutes. We grabbed a hammock and enjoyed the wait. We grabbed some beers at the store and returned. We enjoyed the hammock. We waited over two hours for that chicken and shrimp kabab and then for the rice to finish in the rice cooker. It was good. The portions were smaller then I was expecting. The atmosphere was great!