“Beautiful and great food”

Ranguana Tropical Island Experience
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Ranguana Tropical Island Experience From Placencia
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Placencia
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit a picture-perfect 2-acre private island and spend the day in the sand, sun, and water. Your excursion includes free snorkeling, fishing, water sports and lunch! Enjoy a cruise out to the island and spend your day in tropical pristine paradise. Take part in the ultimate private island experience. Snorkel the reef, paddle board, fish, kayak, hammock nap, sunbathe, drink, eat and play beach games. Billy's Beach Bar provides the music and tropical drinks while the staff grills up a fresh local lunch. Experience the real Southern Belize - Ranguana Caye has it all.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful and great food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We sailed to the cay in oct 2013. The mooring balls are in an area that used to have more protection, before the sand shifted (I guess it does that). So, if you're sailing there, know that you may have a bouncy night.

That said- what a place! Beautiful and the two people who work on the island couldn't be nicer and more helpful.

The chef does a terrific job and it's worth every penny for dinner. Their VHF isn't working so you should arrive a couple hours early to let her know what to cook for you.

The rooms on the island beat expectations. Really well-kept!

Oh, ask the folks on the island where to snorkel. If you guess, you'll miss the best spot (southwest of the mooring balls)

Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“The beautiful island of Ranguana”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I really loved our day trip to Ranguana Caye (we didn't stay on the island). We arrived on the island and paid a fee to visit the island as well as paying to eat on the island also. I unfortunately can't remember how much we paid to visit the island but I remember that it was 50BD to have a meal on Ranguana, prepared by the lady who lives there. And the meal was beautiful we enjoyed fresh conch/snapper with rice and salad and washed it all down with a glass of lime juice..PERFECTION!!

We then snorkeled around the island but I must say there is a lot grass in the sea around Ranguana reducing visability to a certain degree but I did get to sea lots of fish and lots of star fish which I loved but I was put off going out too far out as I like to see what is out there with me (who knows whats hiding in the grass). So my snorkeling didn't last too long... but this was down to my scaredy-cat ways!! But what i missed out on snorkeling the beauty of the island more than made up for!!

In all Ranguana is one of the most beautiful islands I have visited in Belize and I have visited a few. It is well kept and a great place for a day trip...you don't need to stay on the island to experience it's island vibes...although those island shacks did look very tempting :)

5 Thank sam_solomon13
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This Cay is exactly what I pictured Belize to look like...the sand was so fine like kool-aid powder, the water was crystal clear like glass. Absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been. 25 of us spent the day here snorkeling, playing beach volleyball, sunbathing, even had a barbeque! I could have stay here for the whole trip, but watch out for those pelicans! I was blessed as they say...

Overall amazing, would go back in a heartbeat!

Visited May 2013
Julie M, Front Office Manager at Ranguana Tropical Island Experience, responded to this review, August 5, 2016
Thanks so much for your feedback. On our Tropical Island Experience has always been to get away to our get away. Really hope you come back soon to share some more great times with us. Hope to see back with us soon!
Rainbow, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful snorkel trip”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was the only snorkeler so I had the reef all to myself and saw more creatures than the divers; giant rays, sharks, squid, parrot fish, lion fish, to name a few.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wwubbly
Wow that is great you saw a lot of amazing things. We happy your time on our Tropical Island Experience was so great. Hope to see back with us soon. Thanks for the feedback.