“Totally Fascinating”

Bunches of Fun Banana Farm Tours
Ranked #4 of 40 things to do in Placencia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bunches of Fun Banana Farm Tours are set on Sagitun Farm, just minutes away from resorts on the Placencia Peninsula and a quick drive from Dangriga and Hopkins. We are Belize's original banana farm tour. Signature Tours run Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 am, 10 am and 2 pm. Field Tours run on Tuesdays at 8 am, 10 am and 2 pm. In the occasional event of a packing schedule change, a Field Tour will be offered in place of a Signature Tour.
Gilroy, California
“Totally Fascinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Evin Zabaneh of Sagitun Farms, a banana farm at the end of a long, servicable dirt road, will show you the ins and outs of the fascinating banana plant, you get to watch her crew harvest them, load them onto the really clever zip lines that lace the farm and move them to the on-site packing house. Evin made Lynda and me feel right at home and we could feel her enthusiasm for the enterprise she is such an important part of. If you take this two hour tour, which starts off with a great video she produced and ends with some tasty gifts, you'll never look at a hand of bananas in your supermarket again without thinking of the incredible, complex process that brought that hand to your checkout stand and household.

Visited May 2014

Dundas, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The banana farm tour was one of the highlights of our trip. It was very interesting, educational, fun, and a delicious treat at the end. I'll never look at a banana the same way again.

Thanks so much for the great tour.

Susan Munro, Dundas, Ontario

Visited March 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I had know idea how much work and attention every banana plant receives until I took this informative tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The tour is 2 hours and every minute is filled with up close and interactive information. Kids and adults will enjoy. We took the grand kids ages 2 and 6. They both enjoyed it. The road to the farm is rough but can be driven on safely. You will love the surprise at end.

Visited January 2014
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very well done tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Like others have stated I never really thought what went into where bananas come from. I will say I will never take for granted this fruit again. The whole process is done by hand, which to me is fascinating.

The tour is done by the owners wife, and you can tell she is passionate about her job. She is highly informative and funny. She was able to work around our schedule, and answered all my questions. The tour ends with fried banana chips, the perfect ending to a great outing. This tour is appropriate for all ages, and I highly recommend taking an hour or so out of your trip for this tour.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank James M
Cozumel, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun and informative, it's a must see!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'll admit a couple of thing here; first, I really never gave much thought to "where bananas come from", and second, I didn't have great hope for it to be an exciting story! I recently had the time and the opportunity to visit the Banana Farm and take the Bunches of Fun tour and was very happy to enjoy this unique experience.
This is an experience suitable for every member of the family. Our tour guide was Mrs Banana Farm herself, and Mrs Zabonah was knowledgable, enthusiastic and passionate about her tour. Sharing everything from beginning to end of banana growth, harvest, packing and shipping, as well as silly stories made this a personal and unforgettable experience.
Take the time, take the tour! You won't be sorry.

Visited April 2013