“Tasty drinks just outside Placencia village”
Review of The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig
Ranked #32 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty drinks just outside Placencia village”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the best drink of our trip at the Flying Pig -- a Woo Woo. It had a little coconut, a little banana and a little bit of something else in it. Owner Patrick built the bar just outside of Placencia and near Robert's Grove in the past couple of years, and it's a really neat looking place. It is also the home of pitchers of rum and coke.

Visited December 2013

Falls Church, Virginia
“Great for college football.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

When staying in Placencia it's really the only place to go watch college football. Patrick, the owner, seems like a nice guy and you just want to support him. Music while watching the games was a bit much and it could be more fun with bar games. Great seating but no water views. Nice place to break if you're missing a sports bar like at home.

• Visited December 2013
“The Flying Pig is AWESOME!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My family and I visited Placencia in July and I had read about The Flying Pig on Trip Advisor before we got there and I knew I wanted to go. First of all, the owner, Patrick is one of the coolest guys. He kept the drinks coming all night and he was very knowledgable about all the other places we should go and try out. He heard me singing along to the music and told me to come back for open mic night but we didn't make it. Patrick's chef is phenominal. We had some delicious food while we were there. We loved it so much that we came back 2 other times. We played Wii bowling, we played darts, the last night we went there they had corn holing! I know that when we go visit again we will go back to The Flying Pig!

• Visited July 2013
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Friendly service and great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The flying pig was amazing! Our group of 6 friends had a blast here. I ordered some pizza, and it was quite delicious; thin crust, pepperoni and cooked very well. After the food, we stayed and drank Belikin beer and played cornhole. Patrick, the owner, was very friendly and talked about some different places that we should definitely try during our stay in Placencia. We didn't get a chance to get back to the flying pig, but I will definitely be visiting on my return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DJ D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food (my favorite specialty grilled cheese sandwiches!) Patrick is one of the bests. Lived here for a year now and I try and frequent the flying pig as much as possible.